Chapter 26

"Hey you ready to go?" I heard Ashton ask as I finished washing the bowl I ate out of. "Sure thi-" I said as I turned around but my words cut short when I saw him standing in the doorway with a towel, drying his hair. He was shirtless and boy was he sexy.

     "Close your mouth, it isn't appealing" he said with a smirk and I quickly looked away. "Whatever" I say under my breath but he chuckles. "Yes I'm ready, it seems you aren't" I answered his earlier question. "Oh, I'm ready" he said as he walked out to the living room.

   I followed behind him and saw him throw his towel in the couch and take up a grey shirt. He put it on as I got my phone, my purse and the card that Samantha gave me.

  This reminds me, I need to reboot my phone. I powered it up and threw it into my purse as Ashton and I headed out to the garage. We entered his car and soon after we were on our way towards the grocery store.

    I watched the scenery pass by in a blur as the wind blew into my face. Ashton's humming caught my attention and I realized that he was humming to the rhythm of Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I love that song.

    "You can sing?" I asked. He looked over at me with a blank expression on his face and then returned his gaze to the road. "Why do you ask?" he asked. "I heard you humming so I was just curious" I said.

    "Curiosity killed the cat "he said with a smirk. "But satisfaction brought it back" I countered and he smiled at me. Like full on smiled. I smiled back and returned my gaze to the blurring scenery.

     "Yes I can sing" he said. "Oh that's nice. Can you sing for me?" I asked and he looked at me weirdly. "Umm, I meant sing for me, but not for me for me. I mean sing so I can hear you. Umm I mean, oh snap" I said and face palmed.

    He laughed very boisterously at my rambling and I started to blush. "Sure thing Miranda. I'll sing for you some other time" he said to me. "Ok" I said and smiled.

    "Can you sing?" he asked. "A little" I said to him. "So you can sing for me too" he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

    We finally arrived at the store and as we parked I realized that I didn't write a shopping list. "I didn't write a list" I voiced my thought. "All you need to do is check every isle and sew what you need" he said and he pressed the button on the key to close the car.

     We walked towards the automatic doors and it opened as we entered. I got a shopping cart and started with the frozen foods isle. I got a couple frozen dinners, being that I'm not an excellent chef. I got a few boxes of frozen pizzas and other stuff.

    We then went and got some snacks and candies before we went to get milk, juices and eggs. As we started going to another isle I felt the carthit someone. I looked around apologetically because I was gazin but I saw that it was Mary. The girl that Ashton had brought home that day.

    "Hey, fancy seeing you here" she said with a smile to me and a glare to Ashton. "Hey" I said and Ashton pretended that he was using his phone. Well pretending or not he started using his phone.

     "So how have you been doing?" I ask trying to be polite. She doesn't reply and just stands there looking at us both. "Honey, can we go now?" asked Ashton and I was confused as to why he called me honey but then I remembered we were supposedly dating.

      "Umm, I'm sorry but we gotta go now" I said and her sweet smile turned into a glare. "Ok bye Amanda" she said purposely calling me a wrong name. "Sure thing Margaret" I said with the sweetest smile I could gather. She gasped and stomped her foot.

    I waved goodbye and pushed the cart into the toiletries isle. I put some paper towel into the cart and a twelve pack of toilet paper. I pushed along until I saw Ashton standing in front of some stuff smiling widely.

    "Well Miranda, what will you be getting. The overnight with wings? Or are you a light weight type a girl" he asked. You guessed it right, he was looking at pads.

   I gritted my teeth and said "Ashton, put those down". "Libresse or Stay Free" he asked me while holding out two packs to me. "Oh I know, your a tampon kind of girl" he said while smiling innocently.

      "Ashton!" I shouted. My cheeks were beyond pink and were heading towards the crimson region. "PMS much" he said with a pout and walked away. I hate him!

    I quickly grabbed a few stuff for myself, embarrassed by the smile Ashton gave me when he saw take up tampons. We went to the counter and paid for the stuff along with buying some Tylenol.

      We check out and put the stuff into the trunk of the car. We both went into the car and I noticed that he was headed in the opposite direction of home.

  "Where are we going?" I asked. "I'm going to kill you" he said seriously while gripping the steering wheel tighter. "What!" I exclaim and look at his dark features. He burst out laughing and looked at me.

    "Oh cupcake, you should have seen your face. I'm not gonna kill you, don't be so gullible" he said as he stopped laughing. "Not funny" I shouted as I punched his arm. "Ow, you got man hands" he said. "I do not!" I exclaimed and looked at my hands. "I'm just kidding cupcake, just relax. You'll see when we arrive" he said.

    What is it with him call in me cupcake? Well I just decided to relax and see where we were going. If he was  gonna kill me then I guess that's just how it is. It's not like I could bail out of the car, we're going too fast. Either way would result in my death. Oh well, let's see.......

***************

Wassup my lovely readers. I've been getting good feedback. Hope you guys continue to Vote and leave wonderful Comments.

~A 🌸