Chapter 4

I wake up to the ringing of my alarm clock. After I got ready for school I ran downstairs and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. Lexi, Ashley and Rochelle were already gone, because they always went out for an early breakfast before school on Fridays.

    Friday. I have detention today. It wasn't my first time getting detention, but it wasn't frequent though. I quickly finished my cereal before washing the bowl and drinking some water. I ran outsideand sat on the curb for about 5 minutes before Sarah pulled up.

      "You look cute" she said as she looked at my clothes. I had on black tights with a short dark blue jeans skirt over it, with a white blouse with blue dots and my hair was pulled back with a blue hair band. This was all put together along with black flats.

    "Thanks, you don't look bad yourself " I complimented her. She had on a bright green dress with a broad black belt and black knee high boots.

    "So where were you yesterday?" Sarah asked as she drove away from my home. "Oh, I took the rest of the day to calm myself down. I was at the mall" I told her. "Oh, you could have invited me you know" she said to me. "I acted on impulse, I wasn't thinking about that " I confessed to her. "You seriously need to get a cellphone" she told me for the one millionth time. "Sar, you know Rochelle would just take it from me" and this was always my reply.

     As we neared the corner to turn into Star Crest High she asked "What're you doing for your birthday next month?" "I don't know, go out with you maybe" I said to her. She hummed as a reply.

     After we parked I turned to her. "Oh, um Sar, I got detention today" I said. "Seriously, but he started it" she whined. "That's what I said, but anyway, I got detention today and every Friday for the rest of this month plus I have to volunteer at the school's fundraiser tomorrow" I informed her.

    "Well that sucks, at least I get to be at the fundraiser with you tomorrow" she says with a happy smile. "Yes, that's a good thing" I said, now realizing the same point.

    "Well let's get going before we're late" I said as we exited her truck.

___________________

      "So, you guys will be cleaning this cafeteria and nobody leaves until it's spotless" says Mr. Powell to us.

     There were six of us here in detention. Ashton and I plus four others. One of those other four people was Drake, Ashton's best friend. The other two was a girl by the name of Crystal Matthews and a boy by the name of Bradley Davis, both of which I knew from homeroom.

     Crystal has black bone straight hair that falls below her waist and grey eyes. She was what one would call an emo. Bradley on the other hand was just straight mysterious. He had brown hair and pale hands, but that's all anybody knew because he always wore a hoodie. Nobody even knew the color of his eyes.

     "Now, you all should be through by 4:30 " said Mr. Powell as he checked his watch. "Get to it" he said with a flick of his wrist as he left the cafeteria.

     As I was making my way for one of the buckets with soap water I tripped over something. I looked to see that it was once again Ashton's leg. "Oops, sorry" he said innocently but I knew better than to believe that.

     He high fived Drake and they both went over to get brooms and began sweeping. I glared at them as I got the bucket and started to wipe the tables.

    "Hey" I heard somebody say and I looked around to see Crystal talking to me. "Um, hey" I replied in a not so sure way. "I never perceived you as the type to get detention. What did you do?" she asked with genuine concern. "Oh, I started a food fight with Ashton over there" I said, pointing in the direction of the aforementioned boy.

    "Oh, that was you. Cool" she said while smiling. I studied her as she wiped the table. Behind all that smoky make up and dark clothing, Crystal was actually a very beautiful girl. "Yep. So what did you do?" I asked. She laughed before saying "I put a dissected frog into the Biology teacher's lunch".

   I couldn't help the laugh that made it's way up my throat. "So how did you get caught?" I asked once my laughter subsided. "I wasn't hiding" she said with a mischievous smirk. "Ooh, bad girl I see" I teased with a smirk of my own.

    I continued wiping tables for the next half hour before I got tired and decided to take a break. I saw Ashton across the room, wiping the windows and an evil thought came to my mind. I grabbed the bucket of soap water that I was using to wipe the table and made my way over to where he was standing.

   I pretended to trip and threw all the contents of my bucket down Ashton's back. He turned around with a glare that could kill an army. "Oops, clumsy old me. I'm sorry" I said as I smirked and stomped off victoriously.

     "Nice" said Crystal as she high fived me. Drake was over to Ashton's side with a towel in the blink of an eye. I don't even know where he got a towel that fast. Ashton shrugged off Drake as he started at me with his invisible eye shots.

     "That'll show him" I said as I dusted off the imaginary dust from my hands.

****************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A