Chapter 11

After a 30 minute drive, we finally arrived at Stacy's lake house. It was beautiful. The house was gigantic.

    The front yard was decorated with everything Halloween. Jack-O-Lanterns, creepy spider webs, mummies, skeletons, the whole works. Skull shaped lights lined the pathway up to the front door where a man dressed as a zombie stood opening the door for people to enter.

    "Good evening" he greeted and we politely replied as we entered. Inside, the party was on full swing. Music blasted through speakers and colorful lights flashed all around. "This is amazing" said Sarah. "You got that right" said Crystal.

     Everybody was dressed as monsters or various fairy tale creatures. "Hey guys, so glad you could make it. Drinks are in the kitchen and haunted house is around the back." said a chirpy Stacy. She was dressed as a Fairy. "You look smoking by the way Miranda" she said with her hands on her hips.

   "Thanks" I said shyly. "Now, have fun" she said as she ran off to who knows where.

    "Let's go get some drinks" I shouted. "Designated driver. You guys are no fun" said Sarah with a pout which made Crystal and I laugh.

    We entered the kitchen and it was crowded but not as crowded as the dance floor. Red cups lined the counter top so we just grabbed one, allowing Sarah to have only one drink.

     We bobbed our head to the beat of the song that was playing as people entered and exited the kitchen. In walked two panda bears which made me do a spit take.

   "Woah, what was that for?" Sarah asked while laughing. I pointed at Ashley and Lexi and quickly turned my back. "Come on, don't worry. You are hardly recognizable " said Crystal. I cautiously turned around and they walked right past me. I let out a breath of relief.

     I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked to see who it was. It was a really cute guy with brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. He was dressed as prince charming, with his hair gelled back. "Would you like to dance?" he asked. I looked over to the girls and saw Sarah shooing me and Crystal wink.

   "I guess" I said as he held my hand and led me to the dance floor. "So, how's the party so far?" he shouted to me as we moved to the beat of the song. "Um, it's ok. Not to be rude but who are you?" I asked. He laughed before saying "I don't blame you for not recognizing me. It's me Bradley" he said but that still didn't ring a bell. "Bradley Davis, I was in detention with you" he said.

    My mouth opened in awe and before I know it I blurted out "Woah, your cute" then I covered it up with a nervous laugh. He laughed and said "Well thank you". "So why do you always hide your face?" I asked. "Well, I don't like attention so I prefer to stay in the shadows. I can't believe this is the first time you ever saw my face" he said with a chuckle.

    "Well, I'm not into the lime light either" I said. "You look great, not that you don't always do. You get what I mean" he said, his cheeks turning red. "Thank you Bradley" I said. "Brad is fine" he said. "Ok Brad" I said then we laughed.

     "Did you know that Stacy is my cousin?" He asked out of the blue. "Really? You guys don't resemble that much, well besides the brown hair" I told him. "Yeah, our mom's are sisters" he confessed.

    "Hey Mira, wanna go check out that haunted house now?" Shouted Sarah as she and Crystal came up to me. "Yeah, sure. See you around Brad " I said as we parted ways.

    As we entered the back yard, the lake glistened beneath the moonlight. It was mesmerizing. There was a bonfire and and people lounging about. There were also some people in the lake playing around.

   "Hey guys, why not sit around the bonfire instead?" I asked. "Ok, sounds cool" they said as we diverted and headed over to sit on a log by the lake.

    I took off my shoes and put my feet in the water. It was cold and relaxing. "What were you guys up to?" I asked, referring to when I was with Brad. "On, we played a couple games in the kitchen" said Crystal. "Who was that cutie?" Sarah asked.

    "Bradley" was all I said but they looked at me dumbfounded. "Bradley. As in Bradley Davis?" Sarah asked wide eyed. "Yup" I said, popping the p. "He's hot. He needs to start showing his face more often" said Sarah with dreamy eyes.

     "Hey cutie" said a guy as he sat beside me. His breath reeked of vodka. His black hair covered his eyes. He held his head to the side and his hair fell away allowing me to see that it was Ashton.

    He put his hand on my thigh and was dragging it higher. On instinct I punched him in the nose and he fell backwards into the lake. I'm sure I heard it crack. Nobody looked as they thought it was just someone jumping into the lake.

    I jumped up in shock and shouted "Guys, we need to go. NOW!! "

    They saw what had happened so they knew why and didn't need to ask any questions.

   That is how we ran and ended up leaving the party early.

***********************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A