Chapter 21

After school was over I took the bus to my house. I went up to the front door and opened it to see the twins laying on the couch watching tv. They were watching a reality show, typical.

     I walked pass them and went straight to my room. Everything was as I left it and so I went to my closet and packed a large suitcase with clothes, shoes and other necessities.

    I went over to the picture of my father on the wall. "I love you" I said to the picture and after staring at it for a while I left the room.

    When I was in the living room the twins came to stand in my way. I tried to walk around them but they kept blocking my path.

   "Where are you going?" asked Ashley. "None of your business" I told her and tried to step away from her which I failed in doing again. "Are you running away?" Alexandria asked with a loud laugh.

    "I hope you don't come back" said Ashley as she walked pass me with a bump of the shoulder and went to the kitchen. "Adiós, don't come back" said Lexi and she too joined her sister in the kitchen.

    Oh how I hate those two. If I could just..... Stop it Miranda, no violence. I took a deep breath then went to the curb to wait on a bus.

    After the bus came it was a 15 minute drive to Ashton's house. I went up to the room and emptied my stuff into the closet that was in the room. I gathered all my dirty clothes and then I went to Lilly's room for her laundry basket.

    I went to the basement and sorted all the clothes before I put them in to wash and went back to the kitchen  to get myself a snack. I got a bag of caramel popcorn and a diet coke and sat by myself in silence until the dorr opened.

    I went to check who it was and only caught the backs of Ashton and some blond girl going up he stairs. That's disgusting, what if Lilly was home. Is this the kind of example he would set for his little sister.

    I sigh and go to sit in the living area. I watch some episodes of How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix until Lilly gets home.

    After she had a shower and got something to eat we watched tv until about 8 in the night the phone rang. I went to answer it and found out that it was Samantha calling. She spoke to her daughter for a while before she spoke to me about how stuff was going and so on. She told me that my present would arrive bright and early tomorrow and she told me a happy birthday in advance.

    After the call ended Lilly was sleepy and so I brought her upstairs to her room and she went to bed. When I was going back downstairs I passed Ashton's door and heard loud giggles and high pitched talking. She sure was annoying, I almost forgot she was up here.

    Anyway I went to get the clothes from downstairs and after I put them away I went back to watch some tv.

   Footsteps come down the stairs and I don't pay them any attention. "Who's she Ashy baby?" the blond whined. She's actually kind of pretty. She had nice natural assets and she didn't wear a lot of makeup but she seemed to be pretty whiny.

    "Um, my girlfriend? Yeah, she's my girlfriend. I'm sorry" he said to the girl, resulting in my jaws dropping and the girl had the same reaction as I did. "I'm sorry Mary but you gotta go now" he said as he ushered her to the door.

    "I can't believe you" she said on the brink of tears. "Sorry you had to find out like this" he said and closed the door in her face.

    "What just happened?" I asked as he came to stand in front of me. "Ok listen, I met her at the mall and thought I could have a good time with her but she's really clingy and annoying so I guess I should say thank you for getting rid of her" he said with a shrug. "Your welcome? I guess" I said unsure.

    I didn't even do anything. But why would he say that to her. He could have just told her he didn't like her. "So, what are you doing?" I asked. "Hey, don't get me wrong. This doesn't give you the authority to speak to me, we aren't friends" he said to me and left me in the living room.

    I swear that boy is bipolar. I turn the tv off and go up to my room. I take a shower and change into my pajamas that just came out of the washer. It was really warm from the heat of the dryer, that's why I like it. I fall asleep afterwards with the thought of Sarah in mind. I hope she gets better by tomorrow, I miss her.

*****************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow...
~A