Chapter 16

Dedicated to @Snarky_Savage73!!!😁😁😁

************************

   As we entered the house I handed Lilly to Ashton and he brought her up stairs,  leaving me to sit in the couch downstairs.

    "So, why am I here? " I asked as I heard his foot steps come down the stairs. "Well" he said as he rubbed his nape.

    "What happened to the guy? " I asked. "What do you remember? " he asked as he sat beside me. A good amount of distance between us.

    "The last thing I remember was this huge guy in the park" I said as I rubbed my head where I now noticed a throbbing pain. "Oh, well I kind of saved you and brought you here" he said with his cheeks getting a tinge of pink. He looked really cute but I couldn't pay any attention to that right now because of my confusion.

    "How did you know where I was?  Where's Sarah?  Why didn't she come and get me?" I said with a frown. Ashton and I weren't friends so why would he follow me?

     "Look, the least you could do is be greatful" he said, his voice raising with anger laced in it. What did I do?

    "I'm sorry. Thank you. I gotta go now" I said lowly as I stood up.

    He got to his feet and held on to my hand. "Look Miranda, I'm sorry ok " he said letting me go and looking down at me.

    "It's ok. Whatever" I said as I went to the door but it opened before I could get a hold of the handle.

      A tall lady with blond hair and small hazel eyes came inside.

    "Hello Ash, who's this? " she asked as she closed the door and looked at me with a gentle kind smile.

    "Hi, my name is Miranda. I was just leaving" I said as she came closer to me, her smile getting a bit sad. "Oh so soon. Ashton's never brought a girl home before. You must be really special" she said as she hugged me, which shocked me but I hugged her back being polite.

    "Mom, she's nobody" he said with  a sigh. Well ouch.

    "That's no way to speak about someone. Please excuse my son's manners. Could I invite you for dinner tomorrow?" She asked. This was a bit weird but I nodded none the less.

   Ashton glared at me and flopped his arms by his side.

   "Great, now you could put your number in my cell and tomorrow I'll give you a call. Oh silly me where are my manners. I'm Samantha Grey, Ashton's mom" she said with a huge grin as she hugged me once more.

   I put my number in her phone and told her that it was nice to meet her before I left.

•°•°•°•°••°•°••°•°•°•

   When I got home it was really dark outside. Neither my step mother nor my step sisters were at home.

   I went to my room and took a shower before I put on my sleeping clothes which was a small cotton shorts and a white tank top. I also put on a pair of rainbow socks before I cranked up the air conditioning and wrapped up in my fluffy sheets.

   I checked my messages on the receiver and saw that there was 35 voice mails. All from Sarah.

   Most of the messages were threats telling me what would happen if I didn't pick up the phone while the others were queries of where I was.

     I dialled her phone number and she answered on the second ding.

   "Where the hell did you go and why weren't you picking up. I was this close to filing a missing report" she shouted into the phone.

   "Sarah, hey. I'm sorry. Could you maybe come over? " I asked.

   "I'm so mad at you but I'll be there" she said then hung up.

   I threw the phone on the bed beside me and in literally a minute my room door burst open leaving me in shock.

   She looked at me awkwardly and confessed that she was kind of already on her way over here.

    She glared at me and if looks could kill I would be sliced up.

   "Miranda Josephine Burke you better spill everything" she said as she walked toward me with slow threatening steps. "Woah there Sarah. Calm down" I said as I backed away from her resulting in me falling to the floor with a loud crash.

     Sarah was now on the floor holding her stomach while laughing rather boisterously I might add. I got up from my position and ran over to her before I jumped on her.

   She shoved me off and got up before grabbing a pillow and started to hit me with it. I did the same and that is how the most epic pillow fight started.

   We laughed and chatted for a while before we settled on my bed out of breath. "Now, time to explain" said Sarah as she had a serious composure.

    I told her everything and she took a moment to digest it all. "Lilly sound so cute. I wish I could meet her" she squealed. "Well when she calls me tomorrow I'll ask if I can take you along with me" I told her.

   "So, does that mean you owe Ashton or something? " she asks. Now that I think about it I don't know what his intention was and I kind of was a bit ungreatful. "I'll ask him tomorrow" I told her.

   We spent the rest of the night looking at the ceiling in silence until I heard Sarah's breathing even out and not long after I too fell asleep..

************

Please Vote, Comment and Follow my profile.
~A