Chapter 6

"Miranda wake up" I heard a voice say. My eyes hurt when I try to open them, so I groan as a sign that I am awake. "She's waking up" says the same voice in a cheery tone. I feel something warm being placed on my forehead, then a man's voice says "Miranda, please open your eyes".

    I try once more to open my eyes, enduring the pain this time. I open them to see Sarah and a man in a Doctor's coat standing beside me. "Good, now I'd like you to see if you can sit up" he said while writing something on a clipboard. I sat up and tried to speak but that ended up futile. My throat felt like it was filled with sand and it hurt like hell.

     Sarah noticed this and handed me a cup of water that was on the cart next to me. I relieved the soreness of my throat then continued to talk. "Sarah, what happened?" I asked. "Well, you had an allergic reaction then you fainted, if it wasn't for Ashton, maybe you would have died" she said with tears in her eyes.

    I pulled her into a hug before she started to cry then something clicked to me. "What does Ashton have to do with this?" I asked. "He had an EpiPen" she said to me. "He has allergies" I said to myself.

    "Ok, Ms. Burke, everything seems to be in order now, all we need is a guardian to sign the papers then you'll be free to go" said the doctor. He left the room and Sarah began speaking. "Rochelle isn't coming, right?" she asked. I nodded as an answer.

   Rochelle wouldn't be caught dead here. Even worse that I was the one in this situation. "So how are you gonna leave?" Sarah asked. "I really don't know" I said to her while thinking. "And my parents are away on business" she said, so they were out of the question.

    There was a wheelchair in the corner of the room. "Sarah, put this on" I said to her while taking off the hospital gown and handing it to her. I put on a doctor coat that hung on the wall and Sarah sat in the chair.

   I pretended to be the doctor, because no doctor could possibly have that colour hair and two, I was a faster runner if push came to shove.

    I nodded at people as I passed them in the hallway, but as we came to the exit a security came into our path. "Where are you going with that patient, doctor?" He asked. "Um" I said unsure of what to say. "Aren't you a little too young to be a doctor?" he said as he came closer to examine my features.

   "Run!" Sarah shouted and just like that, we were off in a flash. We ran for what seems like forever until we came to a park.

   We doubled over in laughter and people passing by stared at us as if we were idiots. "That was fun" said Sarah as she started peeling off the hospital gown and throwing it intowa near by bush.

   "What you wanna do?" she asked. "What time is it?" I asked. "5:30 Sunday evening" she said nonchalantly as if it was nothing, but I stood stock still in shock. "Today is sunday?" I asked with disbelief. She nodded but didn't look back. "I've been out for a day" I said in a bit of an exaggerated way.

   "Yup" she said, popping the p. "I wanna go home, and get some rest" I told her. "Are you serious?  After sleeping for a day? " she asked. "Yeah Sarah, I'm a bit worn out. Let's go home " I told her.

   We walked back to the hospital because she parked there and we forgot, then I got home at about 7:00 and went straight to bed.

__________________

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A