Chapter 35

This was not fun at all. I'm completely breathless and currently hiding behind a dumpster outside a salon.

I hear ruffling and my breath hitches in my throat. "Come on Cameron, its not so bad" I hear somebody say. I peer over the dumpster and see Amber and Cameron standing.

I lower my head low enough for them to not notice me yet high enough for me to see them. "Your highlights look way cooler" said Cameron to Amber.

Cameron had blond highlights in her dark brown hair while Amber had light brown highlights at the tips of her raven hair.

They were interrupted by Ashton. He ran up to them breathless as he was still shirtless. "Hey Ashton, what are you doing round these parts?" asked Cameron as she made her way closer to him. "Yea Ashy" said Amber as she trailed a finger down his chest.

"Ummm, have you guys seen Miranda" he asked as he tried to get Amber's hand off him. Cameron scoffed as the door behind them opened. Out walked Julie. Her hair had no highlights but it was bone straight and a bit longer.

"Hey there" said Julie to Ashton with a wink. Eww. "What are you doing here, shirtless?" she asked flirtatiously. "I'm actually looking for someone" he said with a roll of his eyes. "Well you found me" said Julie with a smug grin while resting her hands on her hips.

"Julie, aren't you dating Dylan?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him" she said reaching out to touch his chest but he caught her hand before she made contact.

"You disgust me" he spat at her. "Come on Julie, don't waste your time. He's looking for his new bimbo girlfriend" said Amber and she laughed and high fived Cameron. "Really, what do you see in her. A charity case or is she your next conquest" spat Julie and this angered me.

Ashton was about to speak before I stood up and grabbed all their attentions. I walked over to Julie and she grinned at me malevolently. "Who's the bimbo? Last time I checked I wasn't the one who wanted something that I couldn't have" I said to her.

Her grin turned into a glare. "Listen here you bitch, stop trying to be apart of something that you aren't fit for. Nobody wants you around. So why don't you crawl back into that hole you came from" she said and took a step toward me but I stood my ground.

"I got only one thing to say to you, stay the fuck out of my way. Got that ?" I said. "Oohh, someone's got words. All words but no action I see" she said and I rolled my eyes. "Come on Mira, it's not worth it" said Ashton.

"Better take my advice ok" I said before I walked away with Ashton.

"You ok?" he asked me. I nodded as a response. "Where's Lilly?" I asked, just noticing her absence. "I stopped to put her in the car, that's why you got away" he grinned. "Yea, blame it on the kid and not your terrible athletics skill" I teased.

"Whatever Burke, I can outrun you anytime" he said. "Whatever Grey" I responded. We walked for a while before we got back to his car and were on our way home.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

After a long day of watching TV with Lilly I went up to my room and took a shower. I pulled the curtains and noticed the beautiful night sky.

The moon was full and the sky had stars dancing around. The air was calm and the crickets chirped.

I climbed out the window and climbed up to the roof. It was a bit risky but I made it ok. I lay there stating at the sky and just enjoyed the calm surrounding of the quiet night.

"Miranda, where are you?" I heard Ashton ask through the window of my room. "Up here" I answered without moving from my spot.

"You're on the roof?!" he asked frantically. "No, I'm flying through the air" I answered sarcastically. "Didn't you fear falling?" he asked as I saw his head poke up above the roof.

"Quit yapping and get your ass up here" I told him. He came up to me and lay next to me. "Whats up" he asked. "The sky" I told him with a small smile.

He propped himself up on his elbow and lay on his side, facing me. "Oh shut up. What's on your mind Burke?" he asks me smiling down at me. "Nothing really" I said to him, looking into his eyes.

We stare into each others eyes transfixed. "You have pretty eyes" I said before I could stop myself. "You have a pretty face" he said back to me and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"I'm sorry, but that was pretty awkward" I apologized. "Hey, I got a question" I said to him. "Fire away" he said. "The kiss the other day, what did that mean?" I asked.

"Well I um, I like you?" he said, more like a question. "Are you asking?" I asked. "No Miranda, I'm telling you. I like you" he said more confidently. "Well I think I like you too Ashton" I said and at that moment we started to lean towards each other.

"Ashton!" shouted Lilly and this shocked us both, resulting in us falling from the roof and into the pool below.

We resurfaced and stared at each other before breaking out into laughter.

His hair glistened and his eyes twinkled. Holy shit, I like Ashton Grey.

******************

Continue to Vote, Comment and please Follow My Account

~A

I just want to say a big thank you to all you readers... My book is ranked #1 in the evilstepmother category. Please continue to show your support. Thanks a lot ❤❤❤❤