Part 2

Brantley's POV

After the most amazing supper I've ever had and some catching up, Kolby leaves and I found out earlier that after I enitially went to jail he got my guitar from my apartment and put it in my old room. "Momma, I've got something that you need to hear" I finally work up the courage to say it and she looks up at me then sits down and says "well let me hear it". I smile and tell her I need to get my guitar first and go to my bedroom to get it. When I come back, I sit down and strum it a few times before playing the cords I know so well. I was planning on putting this on an album but I never got around to it before everything went to shit. "I've been playing this song for years just for you Momma".

Grew up one state north of Kentucky
A family far from rollin' in the money
7 brother's and sister's to feed and love

Granddaddy said she kept her eye's on the sky
Watching all the little birds fly, staring at heaven like her lost home
None of her dreams held fame and fortune
She wanted a husband and children that loved her

Spreadin' her wing her feet left ground in Indiana
Driving down south just to marry my daddy
Leaving the life she'd known and loved behind
She never cussed or drank, kept food on the table
Hell, I kept her on her knees in prayer, She's a got sent blessing
Willing and able, as Indiana's angel

Baby back home your daddy's dying
about then the king of perfect timing walked in with liquor on my breath
I sat and watched all of her tears glisten, she said 'son you'll learn to listen
A man stands taller from his knees'
And I'll never forget how much that hurt when she said
'Son one day I'll be gone and you won't have to hear these words'

Spreadin' her wing her feet left ground in Indiana
Driving down south just to marry my daddy
Leaving the life she'd known and loved behind
She never cussed or drank, kept food on the table
Hell, I kept her on her knees in prayer, She's a got sent blessing
Willing and able, as Indiana's angel, Indiana's angel

Spreadin' her wing her feel left ground in Indiana
Driving down south just to marry my daddy
leaving the life she'd known and loved behind
She never cussed or drank, kept food on the table
Hell, I kept her on her knees in prayer, she's a god sent blessing
Willing and able..... As Indiana's angel

As soon as the last cords rings out momma's already jerking the guitar outta my hands and is hugging me. "That was beautiful Brantley" she cried as I stand up and hug her tight. I missed my momma more than anything without a doubt. She used to visit me every 6 months and last time she saw me I wasn't near as big as I am now and I only had my left arm done that she could see. That was 3 years ago, she got involved with politics for the state and is good friends with some people that have run for state senate. And I'm 90% sure she still makes a shit ton of ice cream for a big golf tournament every year. She got herself busy and wasn't able to visit me before I got out. Considering her reaction when she realized it was me when I knocked on the door, she lost track of time and didn't realize I was getting out today. "I love you, momma. I'm sorry for everything that I caused, I was young and stupid and didn't realize who my lifestyle could hurt other than me" I don't think I can ever apologize enough but that's gonna have to be a start. "No, Brantley it's not your fault. I just wish you wouldn't have lost your temper and gotten yourself into trouble" she says wiping her eyes after pulling out of our hug. She pats my shoulder and tells me "Now go try to get some sleep, it's getting late and we need to go try to find you some clothes tomorrow. If we can find anything that'll fit you". I chuckle before giving her a kiss on the cheek and tell her goodnight. I go to my old room and after shutting the door I just stare at the bed, contemplating whether I'll be able to fit in the damn twin bed that I used as a teenager. Fuck it, might as well try. I strip down to my boxer brief's and slide under the covers, my shoulder hitting the wall before I even get both my legs on the bed. "ughh, Lord help me" I groan, pulling the covers out from under the end of the mattress and let my feet hang off the end of the bed. "Fuck". This is gonna suck. I need my own place and soon.

I wake up to the sound of my little brother cackling at my door and open my eye's to see I'm laying the exact way I was when I fell asleep. "What are you laughing at" I ask him, sitting up and hearing my back pop when I straighten up. "You look like me if I slept in Tinsey's crib" he laughs and I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion and ask "Who the hell is Tinsley?". He stops laughing as soon as the words come out of my mouth and says "oh shit. I forgot you're kinda out of the loop on some stuff. Your godson Cam now has a little sister Tinsley. Since they picked you as Cam's goddad then your automatically Tinsley's godfather too". Awe shit, I'm a godfather of two kids, one who I've never even heard of and the other I haven't seen in 6 years. "You've gotta meet the little shit, she's a little princess that'll have you wrapped around her little finger in 5 minutes". I just chuckle, getting up out of bed to get dressed. "I doubt it" I grumble, picking up my jeans off the floor. "Man how many of those did you get" Kolby asks surprised as hell now that he's seeing almost all of my tats. I just smirk before mumbling "I lost count" and slip my shirt over my head when he asks "So what are we doing today". I look at him like he's crazy and tell him "We ain't doing anything. I'm going riding and you can figure out what you wanna do by yourself". "Oh come one B, you just got back. I want to spend some time with my big brother who I haven't seen in 2 years". "Kobly listen, I love y'all and I plan on spending a lot time with both you and momma but all of this is a lot of take in after living in a 12-12 foot cell for 8 years. Right now I just need to spend some time with my baby and I'll be back here sometime tonight" I explain to him after slipping my boots on and thank god it seems like he understands. "I gotcha brother. Go spend some time on the road with her and for your wellbeing be back by 6 so momma don't have a switch cut for ya by the time you do get back". I laugh even though I know he's serious and hug him before telling him okay and bye then go to find momma. After a little arguing and a kiss on the cheek I'm finally able to go hop on my baby and take her for a ride..... but neither one of them know I'm doing a little more than riding today.