Part 9

Shelby's POV

I wake up to my alarm alone and slightly frown. I remember Brantley waking me up last night saying he needed his shirt back because he had to go to work. I really hope Boss isn't putting him in bad spots cause he's 'new'. Know I know he's the one they were talking about when they said had a member upstate. I knew what they meant by a member upstate but I didn't realize it was Brantley. I just hope he's staying safe, even thought it's a little hard for them to stay safe with what they do. I turn over face down on my other pillow and inhale his scent. God his leather smell is still in my sheets and I love it! Most the guys have some sort of smell similar but it's mostly alcohol and smoke along with a slight leather smell but Brantley smells like leather, cigarettes and... I don't even know. Hot? I wouldn't doubt it, the man could make me drip with just a look. I roll out of bed with a wince as I stand up. I pick my torn shirt up out of the floor and smile. "Wonder what else those arms could do" I think out loud and I can practically hear Thor saying "you nasty" as I get some clothes out of my dresser along with my phone before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the water and get it as hot as I can stand it before starting my playlist and stepping in. I wash my hair and as I let my conditioner sit in my hair I wash my body and start thinking. I faintly remember Brantley telling me what he did to get locked up but not much of it. He said he got out a few days ago and what he did I think started with an A... I think. Dang it!! How can I not remember this? It's kinda need to know information, especially if it was a violent thing. I hear my music suddenly quiet a little before hearing my text alert. Eh it's probably either Morgan or one of the guys so it can wait. If it was really important they would have called. After I get finished shaving my legs, I rinse the conditioner out of my hair and reach for my face wash. I really don't want to go to work today! Don't get me wrong I love my job but I mean I'm walking with a limp, work is going to suck.

I step out of the shower and grab a towel, ringing out my hair and wrapping it around my body before wiping my hands on it and grabbing my phone. I open the bathroom door to let the steam out so my screen won't fog up and check my texts. I have two from two different people.

Brantley/Outlaw: Hey darlin, sorry I had to leave so early, work is a bitch sometimes. I hope you're having a good morning and If I don't answer any replys I'm probably sleep

Morgan: Did you hear about Mom and Pops wanting everyone together for thanksgiving for a week??? Do they know how many people are gonna be in that house? If they want all of us there then they're gonna have to help with Gina and Maggie a little.

I smile at Brantley's and type a quick reply before cringing at my old brother's text. Momma did not say anything to me about us all being together on thanksgiving yet. I swear sometimes she was nuts. We haven't all be in the same house for more than a few hours since Maggie was born and that was before Zander even moved out. And he's in California now. Man I wouldn't want to be him if I had to come home. Probably like a 12 hour flight just to get here. I dry off and get dressed mostly, before grabbing my phone and the rest of my clothes and walking into my bedroom and sit down on my bed. I start to text Morgan back.

Me: No... Do they really think that's gonna happen? Them, me, you, Tasha, Maggie, Gina, Case, Stephanie, Angel, Ryan, Zander and Brian all in one household?????? Are they gonna try to get in touch with Zach cause if they do there's a Snowballs chance in hell that I'm coming

Morgan: I don't think they are but if they do I'm right there with you. You know the way Pops reacted to his... lifestyle. I don't think he's still welcome in the family.

Me: Hopefully not. How's Tasha and my girls?

Morgan: They're good. Maggie Finally started walking on her own and uh Gina has a crush....

Me: Oh no, here comes super protecto dad to the rescue! Does she even remember the 7 B's that I taught her?

Morgan: If I don't I doubt she does

Me: Lol remember, you loved it. Books Before Boys Because Boys Bring Babys

Morgan: Oh yeah! That has got to be my favorite thing you have ever told my daughter. Either that or kissing takes 5 years off your life lol

Me: Lol yeah I remember that last one was a little controversial with your wife

Morgan: Yeah.... thanks for that by the way

Me: Anytime. Listen, I've gotta go, I'm getting ready for work and since I'm the only one with keys I kinda need to be there on time

Morgan: OK sis, talk to you.. some other time lol

Me: Yup, about that time

Morgan: God, you're turning into pops

Me: Shut up

After restarting my music I sit my phone down and put on my leggings then go to stick my arm out the door to see how cold it is today. Georgia weather this year has been trying to decide whether it wants to be Arizona or Alaska. Fall is not supposed to be this cold in Georgia!! I love this state for a few reasons, one being it's hot. Cold weather is not my cup of tea. I feel that yet again today it's cold and go back to my bedroom to get my Uggs and hoodie. I get my Georgia bulldogs hoodie and my black Uggs that are all fluffy at the top and put them on. After fixing coffee and locating my keys I go and hop in the truck to try to get to work on time.

1,000 reads on S.Y.L.O.!!!!! *happy dance* Thank y'all so much!!