Part 19

~(2 weeks later)~

Shelby's POV

Just as me and Brantley try to catch our breath I can help the words that leave my lips with a giggle. "God I wish we could do this all the time". He looks down at me with a smirk and growls "well baby we can do this as much as you want. You just say the word". I start nervously racking my brain, trying to decide whether I want to elaborate on what I actually meant or not. Before I can stop it I look at him and shyly say "No, I mean this" pointing down at his arms wrapped around me affectionately. He raises an eyebrow at me and asks confused "you mean like me holding you?" and I sigh. Guess I'm actually committing to this. "Yeah... And you cuddling me and kissing my forehead and calling me sweetheart and baby girl" I spill my guts and smile shyly. I love when he does all of those and just the thought makes me smile. I hear him sigh and feel my heart drop. "Sweetheart..... Are you telling me you want a relationship?" he asks, looking at me through hooded eyes. I sigh softly and looking around to see where my clothes went. "No" I say bluntly, pushing the covers off my body and standing up. I grab my underwear out of the floor and pull them on quickly, going in search of my tights and shirt. "Hey, hey, what's wrong baby girl" Brantley asks, jumping up out of bed as I get dressed, just wanting to get out of here. I pull my shirt on about the time he grabs my arm softly, asking "what's wrong? W- what did I say?". Looking up at him, I see worry in his eyes and now I just feel bad. I place my hands softly on his chest and sternly tell him "You didn't say anything, I did" before stepping around him and reaching for my tights, hung on his lamp. Feeling his strong arms wrap around my waist and pull my back flush against his chest, I freeze as he rumbles into my neck "You want more don't you? More than late night hookups and kisses that only lead to sex". I finally lay my head back against his chest, nodding my head 'yes' before he lets out a heavy sigh. 

Brantley's POV

My heart drops as I feel the small nod against my chest and before I know it, I scoop Shelby up in my arms and sit down on the edge of the bed as she looks up at me curiously. I can't help but chuckle down at how cute she looks, curled up in my arms and staring up at me. "Princess, as much as I want the same thing, it can't happen. I can't hurt someone else with my... Lifestyle choices. Especially you. Hell, even you being in my arms right now puts you in danger and it kills me that the want of one head bypasses the logic of the other. I don't want you getting hurt because of my job or hobbies or my past. I've only gained more enemies through the years". She stares up at me with a pout on her face that could convince a saint to sin and it's all I can do not to give and tell her she has me all the way if she want me. "Brantley, I've been 'in danger' for years being friends with this club. I know how things are, I know how dangerous it can get, but that means I also know how to keep myself out of it. You just have to trust that I'm capable of taking care of myself, just as you are yourself" she huffs, looking up at me with a blank expression but her eyes tell another story. I can see slight hurt. I don't want to hurt her.... So I my body and mouth reacts before my brain can tell me to shut the fuck up. I pull up her, wrapping my arms tightly around her shoulders, holding her to my chest as I whisper in her ear "If you want me, you got me baby girl". All the regret washes away when her little arms wrap around her me and squeeze as tightly as possible, feeling her bounce with excitement. Shelby pulls back with a big grin on her face and asks in awe "really?" and all I can do is chuckle and rumble a soft "yes". "Yayyyyy!!" she cheers, clinging back onto me, but not after planting a soft kiss on my cheek. "You need a gun".