Part 17

Brantley's POV

I wake up to Shelby gone and feel my lips fall into a frown. It would be awesome if I could ever wake up with her instead of having to leave before she wakes up or her have to leave before I wake up. I close my eyes and hear the clicking of Ally's nails on the floor. Shit, she needs to go out. I pull myself out of bed and grab some sweatpants to pull on cause I don't feel like going outside in October in nothing but my briefs. "C'mon sweetie" I call out, unlocking the door to take her out. Ally comes running up to the door and out as soon as I open it and I walk out to watch her. I pull out my phone and go to text Zach. I need my money today.

Me: Money and a half. Today

Zach: Shit, sorry man I fell asleep last night before you got here. I don't have that money today but I'll have it in a couple days, I promise

Me: You know the deal. Money and a half today or I beat your fucking ass and get my shit back

Zach: Dude I know just I don't have all the money right now. I'll have it in a couple days seriously

Me: No

Me: I'm giving you two choices. Pick one

Zach: A couple fucking days, please man. I promise I'll have you money and a half

Me: No. You've got til midnight, you either have my money or I have you an ass whoopin

I quickly shoot Shelby a good morning text before sliding my phone back into my pocket and calling Ally back over to where I am to take her back inside. I've got a lot of shit to do today. 3 drops today, I promised Cam I'd come watch him shoot his new bow, and I've gotta go beat the hell out of Zach if he don't have my money. Shrugging my jacket on, I let Ally go down to the main part of the clubhouse instead of her just staying in a little apartment above the garage all day. That way there's most likely always gonna be someone down there to look after her. I slip my brass knuckles in my pocket along with my phone before grabbing my backpack and throwing it over my shoulder.

****

"Fuck" I groan, plopping down in one of the chairs at the clubhouse with a cigarette in my hand. After doing 3 drops by myself and going with TwoShot for 2 more, I'm sick of the stress. "What are you fucking about?" Coop asks me and I just shake my head and groan "tired" pulling my hat off to run my hands over my head. Most days aren't this busy. Stubbing out what's left of my cigarette I slip my hat back on and stand up. "I'm taking a nap". I go up to my bed and faceplant into the comforter, already practically asleep. Before even getting undressed my eyes drift closed with my belt halfway off.

I wake up to my phone acting as a goddamn vibrater in my pocket and I pull it out, hitting the accept button and answering with a sleepy "hello". "Oh crap, I didn't mean to wake you up" Shelby says from the other end and I just chuckle at her apologetic nature and say "nah, it's okay baby girl. I probably needed to get up anyway. What's up?". "I was gonna ask if you could come help me with something but now I feel bad for waking you up" she giggles as I sit up in bed, kicking my boots off so they don't catch on the comforter. "Don't worry about it sugar tits. Whatcha need help with?" I ask, hearing that beautiful giggle over the phone, setting a smile on my face. "I need to go get stuff for the diner and I get everything in bulk so I can't lift some of it. Figured I needed a big strong man to help me". Smiling at the thought of her small little ass trying to lift things like the day I met her, I ask her "You wanna come pick me up or I come by there and we go in your truck?". "I'll pick you up. Put on something tight" she says. It takes a second for me to process what she just said before I laugh in surprise and ask her "what the hell do you mean by something tight?". She just giggle, purring into the phone "maybe a tight t-shirt to show off those big, bulging muscles. Or nothing would be fine with me but I don't think that's legal" and I smile, absentmindedly biting my lip before answering "Alright, I'll see what I can do sweetheart. See ya when you get here". "See ya, Daddy" she giggles and hangs up the phone leaving me biting my lip and smiling like something amazing just happened. "Fucking tease" I chuckle, standing up to slip my boots back on and find a shirt that meets her criteria. 'Put on something tight' ha woman's starting to sound like me.

Shelby's POV

When I pull up to Brantley's I text him instead of honking because I don't want the guys coming out and he texts back immediately with a wink. Oh my gosh, this man is gonna kill me with the way he texts alone. He comes walking out of the garage a second later and jogs up to the truck, climbing in with ease and shutting the door back before kissing my cheek. "So why are we going so late?" He asks, putting on his seatbelt as I pull out of the parking lot and onto the road to get to the store. "I've been busy all day and it's not as packed this way. It's not exactly easy trying to push a buggie full of at least a hundred pounds of food through a busy store" I explain, trying to keep my eyes on the road when I notice the tight black t-shirt stretched over his muscular body. Well at least he honored my request.

After getting to the store and getting a few things like flour and cheese, veggies, we go to get the meat I ordered from my butcher in store. I'm waiting in line when I look over, seeing movement out of the corner of my eye. When I look over, I see Zach lightly waving at me with a sad smile. He looks horrible. Sighing, I quickly turn my head back, trying to push the thought of him out of my mind. "Hey, you okay?" Brantley asks, nudging my arm and looking over in the direction I was and I just nod my head at him. "Yeah just... That's my brother" I say, gesturing towards Zach. "That's your what???"