Part 16

Brantley's POV

Pulling up to Zach's apartment complex I let out a wide yawn. If he doesn't stop waking me up at the ass crack of dawn I'm gonna have to have a few words with him. I think as I grab the drawstring bag I keep all my stuff in and start walking up to his apartment. Once I get to his door, I knock and wait for him to open it. 20 seconds, nothing. I knock again a little harder thinking maybe he didn't hear it the first time. 20 seconds, nothing. At this point I'm mad. I don't like being in this part of town longer than I absolutely have to and I damn sure don't like being in this complex full of known drug users with a bag full of weed and cooked ketamine while on probation. Plus he said he'd be waiting on me. I curl up my hand into a fist and beat on the door as hard as I can, making a dent in the wood. Still after probably a minute he doesn't answer the door. I huff out a sigh and jam the bag through the mail slot, knowing if I never drop his shit off he's gonna be on my ass annoying me all day tomorrow. I quickly make my way out of the complex and back to my bike, just trying to get out of here. Damn it, Zach you son of a bitch!!! I speed out of there on my bike, just wanting to get back to the clubhouse and into safe territory. I gave him a condition a while ago that if I ever dropped him off anything and he didn't have the money or he didn't have all of it or something that he'd have to pay me the price and a half no later than up to a week after. He better have my money within a damn week.

Shelby's POV

Ughhh, you've gotta be kidding me!!! I never wanted to even hear that name again, much less hear that he's buying from Brantley and calling him at 2am for weed. I thought by now he'd be done with all of this if not dead. Clearly he's not..... and he's not in jail either. Why did he have to end up this way. Sure, I did something like this in high school but I never ended up the way he did. I never brought it away from where I started. I was 15 snorting shit in the high school bathroom, not a grown adult who couldn't break a meth habit or at least get help. And this is the exact reason I haven't seen him in 4 years. Rolling over again to try and get comfortable, I hear Brantley's front door unlock and freeze. I look over my should to see him as he walks in the bedroom, laying his bag down and kicking his boots off as soon as he's in the door. Chest heaving and fists clenched, he yanks his hat off along with his shirt, throwing them at the wall where they slide down to the floor. "Are you okay?" I ask timidly and he jerks his head up to look at me. I guess he thought I was asleep. Shaking his head and sighing he mumbles a "yeah" before pulling his sweatpants off and laying back down in bed. I feel his arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me back into his chest roughly and buries his face in my neck. After getting his grip loose from around my waist, I turn over to face him and look up at him sweetly. "Are you sure, Daddy?" I ask in the sweetest tone I can muster and he smiles widely. He leans down and whispers in my ear "yes, sweet girl" before he kisses my forehead and pulls me into his chest, resting his chin on the top of my head. I smile, knowing I at least cheered him up a little and kiss his chest softly. "Goodnight ya big softy".

Brantley's POV

"Goodnight sweetheart". Why did I like that so much? All she did was kiss my chest and tell me goodnight and I told her the same. Such a simple thing but now I can't get the smile off my face. She's just so damn sweethearted!! It's hard not to love it, especially when I'm around her as much as I am. I mean, she comes to the clubhouse once a week to deliver food and one of us are constantly calling or texting the other because we're horny and if neither one of those are happening, me and the guy are out riding and almost always end up stopping at the diner. Just the other day we were there and I didn't know about her no cussing rule in the diner so I said damn and she stuck her head out of the kitchen and yelled "Hey, don't fucking swear!!" while pointing at me. All the guys busted up laughing and even the little old lady a couple tables away was snickering. My point is we're nearly always together somehow. Whether it be by choice or a total coincidence. I start to feel my eyelids getting heavy and look down at Shelby already sound asleep in my arms. I hold her a little bit tighter and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep to most likely wake up to her gone. Hopefully not.