Chapter 1

What... what's happening? Why is my house burning? I had only gotten angry at the elders, I had a fight with them, and now here it is, my... no their house burning down. The flames dancing in front of me, taunting me. The flames seemed to be a strange color, they were blue. Blue Flames. Why? The only place that would take care of me, why? Why am I the one who always has to be strange? Can't I be normal? I wait for the firefighters to appear, and I can tell in their eyes the flames are red, normal. Why are my eyes different?

The firefighters can't put the fire out.

I'm sitting here, on my knees, I should be crying, I mean who wouldn't? But I've never cried. Never. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a couple of men wearing black appear, but no one else seems to notice them. They manage to put the fire out, after chanting a few words or something. I watch as the fire slowly dissolves into nothing, and then the men run away as if they were never there.

I couldn't believe my eyes, they put out the fire, which must mean they could see the blue flames. Whenever a house I stayed in was being burned down, those men would always appear. I could tell they were able to see the blue flames. I felt a different presence from them than other's, as if I should stay away from them.

I snapped out of my daze, if I stay here for too long the creatures that are always haunting me wherever I go would appear again, I run, I run as fast as I can, I won't make the same mistake again.

I finally approach an empty field. I always come to this field when I would want a place to be alone. It was really far away, but I usually don't get tired when I run here. It's always empty, and there's no one else around, but I don't know how I get here from anywhere, I usually run with my eyes closed really fast, and the next thing I know, I'm here, like magic. I lye down on my back, and close my eyes.

"Where am I? It's dark, someone help me, please!" I put my hand in front of me, and a light appears, but it seems so far away. I try to run towards it, but then strange, strange hands wrap around me. "These arms aren't human."

"You thought you could run away?" A woman's voice calls out.

"Wh..Who are you?"

"Did you forget about me? My dear daughter."

"Mo..Mother?"

"Yes, it is me, your dear old mom. Remember me now?"

"You! You always came in my dreams whenever a house was burned down, this is all your doing?"

"Haha, no. For it is your own fault, my dear child."

And with that, I woke up.

Me? What did I do? How could I cause the fire if I didn't do anything! The fire always appeared whenever I was mad at the ones taking care of me. It always ended with a fight. I was sure no one would take me in now. But for now, I'll take another night's rest.

~.~.~

Name: Rose Katsuki

I have black hair with red eyes, which seem to glow in the dark. My hair is really long, and I usually keep it in pigtails. It's so long, it goes past my feet. I also mostly wear a red dress that goes up to my knees. I also wear black sandals, and a red rose pin in my hair. I have pale skin, and other than that there's not really much. Most people say I look really beautiful, but I don't really believe that.

I walk down the streets, keeping my hood up, and while I'm walking I see a newspaper with my face on it. I rush over to it, and the head-title is,

Missing Girl, please report if you have seen this girl.

I panic, and I take a newspaper and run back to the field.

Now I'm a wanted girl. Great." I say out-loud to myself. I throw the newspaper to the ground and stomp on it as many times as I can. I hear wind behind me, and I already know what it is, or rather who it is. The creep from my dreams.

This guy is dressed up as a clown, and I guess I kinda made him up when I was a kid.

"What do you want now Mephisto?"

"Would you like to become an exorcist?" I seem shocked at the sudden question. What was strange about my imaginary friend is that he asked questions. I think about his question. An exorcist? Why would I need to be an exorcist? Wait... don't tell me... those creatures are... demons? As if reading my mind, he nods his head and smiles.

"Will it protect me from those crea- demons?" I ask.

"Yes, it will, so now either you become one, or I will kill you."

"Why would you kill me? This is all so sudden, and anyway who am I kidding, you're just imaginary."

"No, I'm not."

"How should I believe you?" I take advantage of this moment and say, "Tell me more about myself." He's stuck with me since I was young... he should know something about me.

"Oh you will find out much, much more my dear, but that is for another day. But one thing I will tell you is that you are a demon, and a powerful one at that. Your father is a human, and your mother I can not tell. You have no siblings."

I look surprised, is this true? I ask for more, and he continues,

"Your power is concealed elsewhere, but you can use your power like a normal demon, for the power contained in it could bring the end of this world. Your power is much, much stronger than others, and though your flames are supposed to be blue, they are a combination of blue and red, half blue and the other half red."

"Wh...what? How is this possible? Are there other's like me?"

"You seem interesting, so I will tell you a secret, but you must swear not to tell anyone, or else I will kill you."

"I swear."

"Good. There are two other's out there who have a demon father, but no ordinary father, for he is Satan. Only one of the two siblings, twins, had inherited Satan's blue flames and power. He could be dangerous, but to make things interesting, I would like you to test him, see if he can control his powers. And as for you, I have yet to find out who your mother is and what your power is. You will test his power once you find out who he is, you will see if he can control his power."

"Does this boy know of his father?"

"Yes, he does."

"But how am I supposed to test him if I don't know who he is? And besides, I can't fight him, he's dangerous right?"

"Oh, you are very powerful, somewhere deep inside you. You can unleash it, but I'm afraid the only way would be fighting someone powerful. This boy will be attending True Cross Academy like you will if you decide to become an exorcist."

I couldn't believe it. I'm a demon. And those blue flames, they must've been Satan's flames, it was him. I felt deep anger for him, a burning passion to- to kill him since he's burned down all of the houses I have stayed in, though I doubt I could kill him, but hey, it's worth a shot. I also felt bad for the boy, he has to live with the thought of Satan being his father.

I will become an exorcist. I will defeat Satan.

~.~.~