Chapter 5: Rich jerk

I don't know why I get so stupidWhen I'm in front of you

When I'm in front of you

-special

I leaned my head back on the chair with my shoulders relaxed, took in a deep breath and realized it for the umpteenth time that the place I was currently situated in, the library of the elite university I just got into was bigger than my whole existence, probably.

But then a sudden memory hit the neurons of my brain and my face shrunk up with the intensity, since the feeling was still fresh as the incident only happened a few hours ago.

That was running into Byul, right here. And despite having such a healthy friendship with her me not knowing that she actually studied in this university in the department of traditional music.

Flashbacks occurred in my mind. It was the boys and I, simply walking down the hallway this morning with me still bewildered and all the other girls fawning over them from every corner.

Just when I was about to take it in how popular they were, that's when a sudden hand grabbed me, followed by ogling eyes and a familiar face, Byul.

"You? Here?" her mouth was formed like an 'o', the boys turned, my brain tried to work quickly.

"You attend this university too?" Though my way too surprised mind could only make those words come out of my mouth.

"Too?" She carried on my words.

The next things happened in a blur, a very very short explanation and introduction of the boys whom I worked for followed, whom she recognized as soon I spoke of as she had heard about them several times from me.

"Your friend?" Jooheon turned to me.

"Girlfriend," Byul spat quickly, making the boys more shocked than I as I was still in the process of fathoming what she had just said.

"I am Lee Sung Byul, nice to meet you." A smile formed on the corners of her lips though it failed to look welcoming.

A surprised cheer left Minhyuk's mouth. "You have a girlfriend Minjae? Who would've known!"

The smile on Byul's face only grew a few inches wider. "Yeah, I'm surprised oppa hadn't told you about me when I've heard things about you."

I gulped hard.

"What things?" Changkyun asked, his tone ringing with sheer curiosity.

"That you make him do a lot of work." Her tone was now stern, not smooth and silky like before. Her eyes sharp. "Especially one of you who's called Kihyun."

"Control your girlfriend, or she might go berserk one day." A sudden voice woke me up in the middle of my flashbacks in the library and I straightened up, only to realize it was the sneaky son of a biscuit Kihyun sitting beside me.

Abruptly I stood up only too feel a strong hold pulling me back down right the next second.

"Next time I'm not letting your girlfriend go off the hook," his sharp eyes met mine and a few words slipped my mouth unconsciously.

"She's not my girlfriend."

His perfectly shaped brows were furrowed and with that my hand was quick to clasp on my mouth, though not fast enough to stop the words that were already heard.

"So..," his expression changed into something I couldn't read. "You like her but you can't tell her?" He licked his lower lip and said it carefully.

Just how in the hell did he get to that conclusion?

"Y-yeah," I stuttered on my tongue.

He gave a small nod and stayed quiet just staring at me, with a look of pity, perhaps.

"Do you possibly like someone like that too?" I suddenly found a boost of courage somewhere within me. "A one sided love?" I emphasized.

He pursed his lips and stayed quiet. Suddenly moving his face to look ahead so his eyes won't meet mine.

I lifted my arm and carefully gave the sleeve of his shirt a little tug, bringing out every ounce of cuteness within me as I stared up at him puppy eyed. "Please, hyung?"

"Call me sir," he retorted with agitation lacing his voice. His daring eyes looking down on me as he clicked his tongue. "Okay, fine. She's in your department and her name is Soyou."

Quickly going through the faces and the names of people I had met today it wasn't long till I recalled the name Soyou, a young beautiful, perhaps, the most beautiful lady of our class.

But my brows scrunched up right after. "Isn't she a senior?"

Kihyun gave me a scrutinizing look before he spat his words out. "So what?"

"So," A bright smile lifted up on my face, ear to ear. "You got a noona kink!"

He looked as annoyed as a person could possibly look when he shoved my arm away from him, the one that was tugging on his shirt's sleeve.

"Just keep that a secret, would you?" He grimaced.

"Sure, sir!" I mocked. "And thank you for everything, really." This time I gave him a serious look as I looked right into his eyes. "Thank you for giving me a place to stay..., for getting me into here."

He stayed quiet for a millisecond as he started talking again. "Maybe it's because I took pity on you. The poor and the helpless do need some help. And I gotta look good sometimes."

There was a smug smirk on his face before he stood up and left the table, leaving a bewildered me.

Maybe they were exactly what I'd thought of them before. Maybe they; especially he was the rich jerk I'd read about in those wattpad teen and romance fictions.

"Here you are, I've been looking for you!" Said an exasperated voice and it was Byul standing in front of me, looking tired and wary.

"Can we talk?" She asked and I complied. Next thing we were sitting with leaning our back against the wall of the building of arts. Students walking by and minding their business in a few meters distance from us.

Byul took in the silence surrounding us inhaling a deep breath. "So when are you gonna tell them?" She exhaled.

"Tell them what?" Though I knew exactly where she was pointing to.

"That you are a girl," said Byul.

I looked on her hazel brown eyes for a brief moment. "But I don't think they'll take it in so easily... I'll lose my job and it's my only source of income right now. They even got me a place to stay."

"Then you could stay in my plac-" She stopped abruptly. "But my parents..."

"Yeah, I know. And it's okay really, they are nice and kind people-"

"So you're a girl, huh?" A sudden voice stopped me in the middle of my sentence and made me look up from where it was coming.

Changkyun, looking down on us with no expression written on his face as he leaned forward from the big window that was right above our heads.

"Gosh, I always knew." A sneaky smirk slowly showed up on his handsome face.

---
A/n: I'm back! There hasn't been an update for more than two months and I'm honestly so so damn sorry I can't even put it to words.

I've just been way too busy with uni and it's exhausting. But I'll try not to go on a hiatus like that again. So forgive me, pretty please?