Chapter 13: A new mistery

Slowly come to meI’m only focused on you today

Slowly come to me
I’m only focused on you today

-deja vu

Yoo Kihyun

I stretched out my arms, my whole body feeling sore for the long hours I'd slept through. I took slow steps across the living room, and found Minjae there too.

"You woke up this early?" The words almost slipped out of my tongue but I decided to be quite. He had noticed that I was there but he kept on wiping the breakfast table. It was weird seeing him working so early in the morning.

Weirder because he acted like I was invisible. For the past few days, I'd been sensing that he was trying to ignore me.

Not that I cared. I laid myself down on the couch and started playing with my phone, seeing if I got any new texts or and new notifications from the other apps. This was the first thing I always did after waking up.

"Why did you start working so early?" A yawn left my mouth as I spoke. I needed to confirm that he'd been avoiding me.

"Just because," he said in a wry tone then left with the rag in his hand.

Now it was confirmed. I shrugged then raised up from the couch lazily. I needed to take a shower and get ready for my classes. It was a mystery why Minjae was avoiding me but I was not eager to solve that. I had other stuff to do.

A smile spread across my face unknowingly, remembering that Soyou had invited me to her birthday party. She sounded so shy talking about her own birthday, and that she didn't want to have a party, but her dad insisted.

Moreover, I took the courage to offer my help with the party.

To think that Minjae was the first person I wanted to tell this but then I'd realized he wanted to avoid me.

I wondered if I did anything wrong.

I shook it off as I'd thought before, I had more important things to do. One of them being Soyou's birthday.

***

"Which type of cake should I order?" Soyou beamed excitedly, her hazel brown eyes glittering with happiness.

I looked down, tracing my finger over the coffee cup as we sat in the cafe near our University. Smiling I answered, "Which type of cake do you like?"

"Um..." Soyou rolled her lips inside her mouth, thinking hard. "I like all kinds of cake. I love sweets."

I couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Then do you want something with all the flavours?"

"Is that possible?" Her mouth parted in awe. I laughed again and she slapped me lightly on the shoulder. "You're not making fun of me, are you?"