Chapter 6: One sided love

Because the city is too dizzyI can only look at you

I can only look at you

-by my side

"Gosh, I always knew."

My mind went blank with that comment of his, the world turned upside down and I just stared up at him quizzically, that's when I saw his mouth moving again.

"It's not that hard to realize, I mean just look at your face," he snickered. "You said you’re nineteen but it's easy to fathom that you’ve never grown a beard. Your facial complexion too, it looks to smooth for a boy."

Well, boy have you seen your own facial complexion?

"Do you shut up now or do I make you?" Byul growled from beside me and I saw her standing up. So I followed her too.

Changkyun only threw his hands up in the air comically. "Thug kinda girl, me no likey," his deep voice commented.

Byul shrunk her face in disgust. "You keep this a secret or else-"

"I ain't keeping this a secret," he cut her off as he put his both hands in his pants pockets. "Yet I ain't be yelling it out too. But you’re on your own so you know what to do with your secret."

Before giving us a second to think and comment on his words, he spoke again. "Now I'll be off, as I'm quite busy unlike some idle people."

We were shut off right on our face when he turned and walked away.

Byul turned to me, gritting her teeth and scowling in anger. "Minjae, do I need to kill that man?"

"Shouldn’t we do it together?" I said back. She crossed her hands over her chest dramatically.

"We shall. But he's quite skillful, isn't he? It's almost impossible to tell you're a girl."

"He is." I scratched my chin thinking. 

It was Byul too who first stopped me by and asked if I was a girl when I used to deliver newspaper at her home before.

But I put off questioning for some time else.

It was the next day already and it wasn’t going how I think it would go, maybe it was really suppose to end up this way anyway as I was back at being an errand boy again.

Since I didn't have any classes scheduled nor did the boys.

Kihyun threw me off early at the morning with his usual 'errands' again and there I was, cleaning the swimming pool with a scowl on my face.

It was funny to find so many pieces of paper floating on the blue surface of the water. As if someone just made the mess deliberately. And I could actually feel the lad wearing a light brown pullover and white shorts laughing behind my back from the second floor.