Chapter 21: Going back

If I were youI'd like a guy like me

If I were you
I'd like a guy like me

-I'll be there

Yoo Kihyun

His lips were soft. It almost felt like he was melting inside my mouth and I wanted more. I wanted more of those lips.

His hot breath mixed with mine as we were kissing, my hand went forward to touch his. His fingertips touched mine, hesitantly yet slowly I wrapped his hand with mine.

Wait, what am I doing.

Why am I kissing him!

I pulled away immediately breaking our contact. Minjae opened his eyes and he just stared at me wide eyed for a second, I was sure I was doing the same. His face flushed bright red and next second he ran away from my sight.

What did just happen?

I still couldn't fully grasp it, everything just happened. I was trying to clean that foam off his lips and they were really soft, his skin too. I was thinking of making fun of him for that.

And then I looked up, he was staring right into my eyes. And he looked, shy and embarrassed when our eyes met.

His face was so close, those large eyes, those soft cherry-like lips, his cheeks tinted with pink. Before I knew it I had leaned in and kissed him.

Why did I kiss him! Oh god! Suddenly I felt this heavy feel of frustration hitting me and I wanted to yell at myself.

Why the heck did I do that! What is wrong with me!

As I was still sitting there with so many mixed feelings inside my heart, I couldn't even name those feelings. I pulled the hair on the front side of my head as I bit my lip.

A strong sensation of his touch was still there.

***

"I wish we could stay here for longer," Wonho whined as he helped with the barbeque. "I can't believe we're leaving tonight!"

"You've been saying that for a while. Now concentrate on cooking the meat."

"I can't do this anymore!" He put down the stick with a loud clank. "My back hurts. Find someone else to assist you."

He then looked back and seemed to find someone. "Minjae! Help him with cooking!"

"I'm coming!'' I heard Minjae yelling from afar. Oh no.

I focused on cooking the meat as he came and stood beside me after Wonho ran off to somewhere. I didn't want to see him even from my peripheral vision and to be honest, I'd never felt so awkward and stiff in my life before.