Chapter 22: New feelings

My heart pours out to youI'm sorry I did not recognize it

I'm sorry I did not recognize it

-I've got a feeling
(Suspicious partner,
Kihyun)

Choi Minjae

"You changed your hair color!" I couldn't help but gasp seeing that Kihyun had changed his hair color into black. The brown locks over his forehead was gone and instead it was black with slightly shorter slicks of hair.

But he still looked good. Really good.

Maybe even better.

"Yeah." He replied in short then bit the corner of his lower lip. "Does it look bad?"

"No!" I shook my head vigorously. "Any special occasion? Oh wait, you're gonna confess to Soyou noona today! Is that what it's for?"

I screamed happily almost forgetting that it was awkward yesterday, even today I only met him in college, since he left earlier than everyone.

Maybe he was avoiding me, but I was trying to do the same honestly.

"No, I just needed a change." He shrugged not looking in my eyes.

"Do you have any plans? Maybe I could help..." I trailed off, not sure if what I just said would be right. He wouldn't need my help anymore. He didn't even discuss with me when he made up his mind to confess, perhaps it's all for the best.

"Do you think flowers would work?" He said hesitating a bit and I almost jumped in excitement.

"Of course! Now we're back to business. Let's go pick some flowers!" As I tried dragging him, he didn't look sure about going somewhere with me.

He was still stiff. That comfortable aura around us wasn't there anymore.

And I didn't want that. I didn't want us to be awkward. It was nice having a friend like him. What happened yesterday was definitely a mistake.

I wanted to forget about it.

But I couldn't.

"Do you know her favorite color hyung?" I tried speaking first as we both walked towards the flower shop. He wouldn't speak unless I asked some question, this was so unlike him.

"No." He scrunched his eyebrows thinking hard. "I don't know really."

"What are you saying! How could you not know such an important thing." I kept on talking, for some reasons sounding nervous. I hoped he wouldn't notice that. It's just that his new hairdo kept making me almost forget he was Kihyun.

He was so handsome at times like this, it felt unrealistic.

"Like my favorite colors are-"

"Grey and black," He finished my sentence then looked at me startled. I thought he wasn't listening but it seemed like he was.