Chapter 8: You see me but not me

Natalie.

I yanked a black shirt on and grabbed my keys and leather jacket, pulling it on as I kicked my door open and ran.

Natalie.

I ran so fast if you were standing in a hallway and I passed you you wouldn't even see me, not even a blur.

Natalie.

I unlocked my car and yanked the door open, climbing in rapidly and jammed the key in the ignition. For a second, the tyres couldn't get friction and spun for a minute, and then I sped out of the parking lot.

Natalie.

I used my Second Sight. I pictured Natalie and as I neared the city, I looked through all the walls. The humans were a green colour. Natalie would be purple. I don't know how I knew that, I just did.
-----

Natalie

Justin.

I gagged and threw up more blood. Where the hell is Fawn?

Justin.

I shuddered and gripped the toilet seat harshly for support. I was shaking terribly. His name rang through my ears. I didn't know who Justin was, but I knew that I needed him. He would keep me safe. His name rang through my ears.

Justin. Justin. Justin.

I cried as I was sick, tears running down my cheeks to drip onto the toilet seat.

Justin.
-----

Justin

"Where are you?" I hissed. It had been twenty minutes nearly, and I still couldn't find Natalie. I passed a hotel, then slammed on the breaks hard. A car honked its horn loudly, screeching to a halt behind me. I started reversing rapidly, and the horn honked again before quickly getting out of the way. I kept my eyes fixed on the fourteenth floor as I drove quickly into the parking lot of the hotel.

Natalie.

I turned the ignition off and climbed out of the car, racing towards the main lobby. Room 210. Fourteenth floor. "I- need- a key- to- room- 210." I fake panted, running up to the main desk and leaning over the desk to look the blonde woman standing there in the eye. "Who are you, Sir?" she asked. I sighed, frustrated. "Your worst nightmare," I hissed, my eyes turning red and my fangs showing. She gasped and started trembling. "This is a matter of life and death. My friend is in trouble! Now give me a Goddamn key!" I hissed. She handed me a card, and I bolted for the stairs. Not the elevator. I hate tight spaces. Damn Claustrophobia,

Natalie

I made it to the fourteenth floor and ran down the hallway, keeping my eyes fixed on the purple figure kneeling, bent over. I heard gagging and smelt blood. Oh god.

Natalie.

"Natalie!" I yelled, swiping the card and banging the door open. I ran inside and skidded into the bathroom. Oh my god.

Natalie.

Natalie was throwing up blood into the toilet. "Natalie!" I said, falling to my knees beside her and running her back gently. "P-please, h-help!" she moaned before throwing up again. She burped and threw up again and again. I rubbed her back gently, but some unseen force sparked me, burning my hand. I cried out and pulled my hand back. "W-who are y-" she stuttered before burping and puking again. She cried out.

Natalie!

"I'm Harry, the vice manager of the hotel. I was walking down when I heard vomiting and crying." I lied. What? You honestly thought that I would come here without disguising myself? I now had green eyes, with black hair swooped to the side. "Justin," she whimpered before puking again.

Natalie.

If my heart was beating, it would have stopped. She saw past my disguise. No, no she couldn't, she was just saying my name. I kept thinking of hers, but I had no idea why. It just kept ringing through my ears.

Natalie.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay, it's gonna be alright," I whispered soothingly to her, rubbing her back gently and ignoring the sparks this time. The heat grew and grew, but I continued trying to ignore it. I held her as she collapsed, stroking her hair and wiping her mouth gently. "You all done?" I whispered, my face close to hers. I sat on the bathroom floor with Natalie in between my legs, her back facing me and slumped against me. My arms were crossed protectively over her, holding her. She twisted around and nodded wearily. "I think you should get some sleep," I murmured and flushed the toilet before standing up smoothly with Natalie in my arms. She rested her head in the crook of my neck, closing her eyes and breathing deeply. 'He smells so nice.' I stopped and looked at Natalie. She opened her eyes again. "What?" she asked weakly. "Did you just say something there now?" I asked. She shook her head. I frowned. Who was it then?

I carried Natalie to her bed and pulled the covers back, placing her in and pulling the covers up to her chin. Then, I felt he forehead and yanked my hand back. She was BOILING! She gasped. "Y-your hands! They're FREEZING!" "No, you're boiling!" I retaliated. I ran to the kitchen and frantically looked for the first aid kit. I used my Second Sight and saw the orange bag under the kitchen sink. I yanked it out and ran back to Natalie, who was curled up tightly in a ball, whimpering softly. She started pulling the covers back, but I grabbed them and pulled them away. She whined. "No, you have to stay cool!" I said. I saw what she was wearing. A pair of thick yellow sweatpants and a huge navy Hollister jumper. I shook my head. "You have to put something cooler on." I walked over to her dresser and opened it. Lacy lingerie bras and panties were in the first drawer, and I closed it quickly. I opened the second drawer and pulled out a pair of white yoga shorts and a white tank top. I went back to her and held them out. "Try these." I said. She stared at me but obediently picked them up. "Umm, do you mind turning around please?" She asked, looking down. "Sure," I scratched the back of my neck and turned around, closing my eyes just for good measure.

"You can look now," she said. I turned around to see her dressed and curled up again. "Harry, I'm coold!" she whimpered. I held up one finger and ran to the hallway and opened the linen closet. I took a thin blanket out and ran back in, pulling the heavier covers off Natalie again and instead placed the thin one over her. She was drenched in sweat, and I went into the bathroom to get a cold flannel. I ran it under the cold tap for a couple of seconds, making sure it was wet before coming back into the bedroom. I heard, "Fawn, NO!" Before a baseball bat came flying out of nowhere and smacked me right in the face. I yelled and stumbled back, then slumped to the ground and pretending to pass out, slumping to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Fawn, I'm assuming, gushed, and I heard her drop the bat and run towards Natalie. "I'm fine, but WHY DID YOU DO THAT? I was perfectly fine! Harry was just helping me because I was vomiting!" she snapped. "Oh," Fawn said. "Help him!" Natalie snarled, and I heard Fawn walk towards me. I braced myself incase she hit me, but instead she grabbed me under the arms. "Holy COW he's heavy!" she grunted, pulling at me. "Natalie do NOT get out of that bed!" Fawn said sternly. "Well you can't lift him by yourself!" she snapped, and I heard feet hit the carpeted ground. "Look at you, you can't even stand up properly! Lie down, I've got this!" Fawn ordered, and I heard Natalie sigh.