Chapter 9: Control?

Fawn dumped the young man on the couch and went to the kitchen, opening a cupboard and taking a glass down. She filled it while throwing uneasy glances at the man on the couch. Something about him unnerved her. She didn't know why, just that she didn't trust him. He made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She raised the glass and drank it thirstily, then set it down. She wiped her mouth and turned to look at the man again. Her heart stopped. He was gone. She ran to Natalie's room. She was slumped on the pillows, eyes closed. "Nat?" Fawn whispered.

She padded over to her and pressed her fingers against her neck. She had a pulse. Fawn breathed out a sigh of relief. She grabbed the baseball bat again and tiptoed out into the hall, wielding it. She crept into the living room and stopped, turning a full circle and looking for the man.

Her heart was pounding with adrenaline. It was quiet. Too quiet. Fawn could hear her blood rushing through her veins, and every beat of her heart. Her breathing sounded loud and uneven. She could have sworn her breath misted in front of her. She frowned and shivered when goosebumps rose all over her body. She shivered. She put the bat over her shoulder and went over to the Thermostat. She stopped and frowned even harder. The temperature said 58 degrees Celsius.

She was so preoccupied that she never heard the footsteps coming quietly up behind her. She never saw the cold hands reaching out for her neck. She never had time to scream. We broke her neck, and she crumpled to the ground in a lifeless heap. We smiled. 'STOP IT!' Justin screamed from inside us. We hissed and he took over again.

Damn him, we weren't strong enough yet! He fell to his knees next to Fawn and gently tilted her head so it looked like her neck wasn't broken. Then, he slit her throat and blood gushed out.

Justin's POV

I breathed out and in, not needing to but felt like it to calm myself down. Damn, they had overtaken my mind and body again! I don't know what they are, I just know they want me, and they are evil. Well, so am I, but they were worse by FAR. 'You CANNOT evade us!' their echoing voices hissed in my head. I ignored it, and I caught sight of Fawn again. Oh god. The blood. I-I can't, I-

Natalie.

I walked down the hall to her room as if I were in a trance. There were many demons inside me, this one was Bloodthirst. I called him Ralph. 'No Ralph, not her, not yet, PLEASE!' I begged.

I wasn't going to drink from her yet, oh no. I was going to save her for later, I would let Ralph take over completely and I would drink from her body, every. Single. Body part. I remembered the taste of her blood on my tongue. She tasted like white chocolate and raspberries. I will savour her blood like a fine wine.

I reached out and turned the knob. My eyes were bright blood red.

I opened the door.

I saw her curled up in her bed. My throat was burning. I felt my fangs grow and sharpen.

I walked over to her bed and looked down at her.

Her torso was facing me, her legs folded and pointing the other way. Her neck was stretched out, as if she was inviting me to drink from her. I leaned down, my eyes fixed on the vein in her neck.

I could hear her blood rushing and I leaned down and took a deep smell, savouring her scent and getting intimately aquatinted with it.

I leaned closer still and I prepared to bite her. My fangs pressed against her vein. I was

So

Thirsty.