Chapter 23: End

I tripped, and went down, crying out. Justin stopped and turned to cover me. "Natalie!" He shouted.

Then, they were upon us. One hit Justin and they went flying. I screamed when I felt a cold hand wrap around my throat, their nails digging painfully into my tender skin. "No!" Michael shouted, and came towards us. He then froze, and fell to his knees, whimpering.

"Shane!" Eve screamed, and I saw him fighting with her. The one I and Justin trusted for so long. She grabbed his neck and prepared to bite him. "No!" I choked out. Then, it happened.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

59 Hours Earlier

Justin waited impatiently outside the room while Eve and Claire helped me dress. Eve carefully pulled my wrist through my tropical blue crop top. It wasn't tight, it flowed loosely around my stomach. I'd lost weight, I noticed. Claire helped me pull on my white cotton shorts and I slipped on my black and white Converse. I hissed slightly when Eve accidentally bumped my wrist and Justin was instantly in the room.

"What happened?" He asked, coming over to stand in front of me, cupping my face. I laughed slightly at his worried expression and leaned into his hand. "I'm fine Jay," I reassured him, and he sighed, pressing his forehead against mine. He had become very protective and clingy, hating when I was out of his sight for even a few seconds. I only got privacy when I went to the bathroom, and even then he was waiting anxiously behind the door, waiting for me. It was nice and kind of cute at first.

I kissed his nose suddenly, and he recoiled in surprise. I laughed, and the door opened. Justin turned to see who it was, and I peeked over his shoulder. It was Michael and Shane. Shane had a grin on his face, and I raised an eyebrow. It wasn't a I'm-so-innocent grin, it was a smug grin.

"Justin," He sang. Justin relaxed and turned to pull me next to him, wrapping a secure arm around me. I forced myself not to flinch.

"What?" He replied, raising an eyebrow. Shane showed us what he had in his hands, and Justin froze. Shane was holding Samantha's necklace. "Didn't know you liked wearing girls' stuff?" Shane laughed.

Justin snarled loudly, flashing forward and snatching the necklace from him. Shane abrubtly stopped laughing and stared at Justin. "Shane, back away," I hissed. He nodded, backing away slowly. I went over to Justin, placing my hand on his shoulder gently. He whipped around, hissing, and I couldn't control the flinch. I jerked away from him, and he shut his mouth with a snap, obscuring his fangs from view. His red eyes calmed down slightly, going to a dull red. I backed away, and I could see the surprise in his eyes. 'Natalie I didn't know..." He trailed off. I nodded, taking in a shaky breath and stepping forward again. I pressed my lips against his, and he relaxed, pulling me close and wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace.

"Shh," I whispered as he pulled away and buried his face into my neck. I rubbed his back gently, and I could see my housemate's confised expressions. I turned my head and kissed Justin's cheek gently. He shuddered and held me tighter. "Justin," I whispered. He opened his eyes slightly. They were viridian again. I kissed his soft lips multiple times, and he purred. I giggled and he closed his eyes again. He pulled away and sank onto the hospital bed heavily. Shane crossed his arms. "What the hell's his problem?" He blurted, and I snapped my head to look at him. I shook my head.

"It was his sister's." I whispered. Michael's face showed understanding and realisement, whilst Claire Eve and Shane looked even more confused.

"So?" Shane pressed. Michael shook his head at him, but Justin spoke.