Chapter 10: Different Demons

Lizzie

I watched the man run up the stairs of the hotel in confusion and fear. A shiver ran down my spine and I grabbed the phone in front of me. I dialled 911 and tapped my foot impatiently as it rang. Three rings later and a woman picked up.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I think someone's going to be killed!" I whispered frantically into the phone. I didn't want anyone else to hear me!

"Ma'am, I can't hear you, are you able to speak up?"

"No!" I hissed a teeny but louder. "I said, I think someone's going to be killed!" I said more impatiently.

"What has happened?" she asked.

"A vampire came in and said he was my worst nightmare and that some matter was life and death!"

"Okay ma'am, where are you?"

"I'm in the Grace Hotel, 18 Range Street." I answered. I heard clicking. "Okay, and what's your name?"

"Lizzie," I said. I heard more typing. "Okay Lizzie, I'm sending help now, just stay on the line and you'll be fine. Did the vampire ask for a room key or tell you his name?" "Yeah, he made me give him a card to room 210. He never said a name, but he had green eyes and dark brown hair, he was around 6'2 and looked like he was at least 19 or 20." I replied. More typing. "Okay, they're almost there, be careful and everything will be fine." "Okay," I said, and then at least two dozen men swarmed into the lobby, armed and a man shouted, "Police!"

I stood on the desk and waved my arms. "Here!" I shouted. "Lizzie what in GODS NAME ARE YOU DOING? GET DOWN FROM THERE NOW!" My boss Derek roared at me. The men quickly came over to me as people scattered, screaming. "Everyone please remain calm, everything is ok!" a man called, raising his hands. They hushed a little, then completely. "Are you Lizzie?" one policeman asked. I nodded. "He's in room 210, but I want to go with you! Two girls called Jane and Arianna checked in there, I want to see if they're okay!" I said quickly. He frowned. "Ma'am I can't allow that, a vampire is dangerous and we can't risk the life of a civilian." he said. I frowned and folded my arms. "I'm going, I promise I'll stay out of your way and I will keep myself safe!" I said stubbornly. He sighed then nodded. "Fine, but stay close to us. LET'S MOVE!" He shouted the last bit, and I flinched. Damn, he was loud!

Justin

NO

I jerked away from Natalie and stumbled away from the bed, tripping and falling over her quilt. "No," I gasped, still increasing the distance between me and my would be meal. "N-no, I won't!" I ran to the living room and slid the bolt back on the door with trembling hands. It took three tries and I finally wrenched the door open to be met with a face full of guns. I recoiled in surprise and a man shouted, "GRAB HIM!" That snapped my out of my shock and I snarled, showing fangs and letting my eyes turn black. I was tackled and I shouted when a substance was injected into me. I roared. "What is the meaning of this? Let me GO!" They hauled me up and shoved my out of the door. I looked up and the men stopped for a brief second to consult with another man. I locked eyes with the girl I had demanded the card off and I snarled at her. "You did this?" I demanded. She looked at me with wide frightened eyes. "I'll kill you!" I hissed. She stepped back and a man forced my head down. "Quiet!" he snapped, and I was shoved down the stairs. The substance was beginning to numb me, and I shouted weakly," No, I didn't do anything! This is a mistake, I was trying to save Natalie!" I yelled, kicking. "Damn, he's too strong! Inject him again!" "NO!" I shouted, writhing. "STOP! STOP THIS!" I was injected again and everything went black.
---

Lizzie

The remaining policemen stepped into the apartment and the leading one stopped and turned away from something in the floor and puked violently. "James, what's wrong?" One guy asked, and James pointed. I came forward. Jared, his name tag read, saw me and made to grab me, but it was too late. I saw a girl lying dead on the floor, her throat slit and her clothes torn. Her eyes were wide and glassy and her skin was still oozing blood. Oh god. We were too late. "Can I help you?" I screamed again and we all whipped around to see Arianna standing in the doorway leading to the bedrooms. Her skin was paper white and her eyes had dark circles around them. She was wearing a pair of white yoga shorts and a white tank shirt. "Arianna?" I asked tentatively. She glanced at me. "What?" she asked. When she said 'what' it sounded like 'wot'. She was British. "Miss Arianna, you have to come with us. "Did I do something wrong? Where's Fa- Jane?" she asked nervously. She looked at the ground and screamed when she saw Jane on the floor. "JANE!" She screamed, and lunged for her. An officer grabbed her and picked her up. "No! Put me down, put me DOWN, PLEASE!" She shrieked, sobbing. "Arianna you have to calm down NOW." Jared said with authority. She didn't listen, and kept thrashing. "ARIANNA!" Jared shouted, and we all flinched. Once again, damn he was loud!