Chapter 21: Finding Out

Hiya, so I'm trying to do this on my phone and its really awkward because I have to go onto the internet explorer icon there isn't an app for my type of phone which is a Nokia Lumina touch screen and its actually so hard to type with :/ so forgive me if there's any typos!!

~Rebecca~

***********************************

I always thought love was a funny thing. You see it everywhere, couples holding hands, families spending time with each other, best friends hanging out. Love is a complicated thing. One minute you could be with the love of your life, cuddling, kissing or simply spending time with each other. The next, you could be screaming at each other, ready to walk out the door. I guess you have to go through a lot to find out who you truly love. And as I stood there in front of Justin, whose eyes were downcast and broken; I realised something that would change my life forever.

I loved him.

I'm in love with a vampire.

"Justin?" I said quietly. His eyes flicked up to me, then he looked away. He was too proud to look at me whilst crying, even though he had just done so.

I was about to say something else, but then he spoke.

"It was all my fault."

*Flashback*

"I had given the guards the night off, so I could go out hunting with my friends. When I came back, I thought I had shut the door properly behind me. Apparently not. I went upstairs and fell straight asleep.

"My sister and mother's screams woke me. Those- those FILTHY mongrels KILLED THEM. The Lycans killed my family! My sister was barely six years old. Butchered.

"If I hadn't let the guards off duty, they could have lived. That night Cynthia and Gerald found me, crying over my mother's headless corpse. That night Cynthia made me a vampire.

"I hunt Lycans whenever I can; it helps to release my anger. Never anger me Natalie, I don't want to lose you. I lose control, and I am far stronger than you could ever imagine."

I stood there, my lips parted slightly and tears welling up in my eyes.

"Justin, I'm so sorry," I whispered, wanting to go to him, comfort him, but my legs refused to cooperate. He laughed, but it came out more like a sob.

"Amelie, she- she showed me my sister screaming as they bit her, tore at her and mauled her. She was screaming for me. Crying for her big brother to come save her." he clenched his fists.

"That was a memory, though. How could she remember that if she wasn't there at the time? She came to the castle two days after, when the transformation was complete. I took much longer to turn than most."

"Justin, you can't blame yourself for this. It wasn't your fault that the Lycans attacked your family. Wait, did you say castle?" I said quietly at first, but my voice raising slightly at the end. He looked at me and nodded, slightly raising an eyebrow.

"Justin, what's your last name?" my voice was now shaky.

He frowned, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Bieberan, why?"

I sucked in a sharp breath, my hand covering my mouth. "I-is this yours? I found this when I was little, playing in some ruins," I whispered, pulling out a necklace. It had a gold chain, not too thin but not too thick, and a seal of some sort where the charm would normally be. It was a snarling dragon, curled around a coat of arms. On one corner, it had 'JB' inscribed, very faintly. In the other corner, there was 'SM'. I couldn't make out what the other two initials were.