Chapter 14: Attack

MAH EXAMS ARE OVER FINALLY YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! BTW There's something wrong with my iPod it wont let me write new chapters so I'll be doing this on my laptop so updates MAY be longer waiting time :/ sorryyyyyyy :DDD SOC is Control by Matrix & Futreboard feat Max Marshall :)) BTW Natalie is played by Shelly Hennig :)))

~Rebecca~

He knelt there, shaking and coughing; curled up on his side. He was fighting. He didn't want this. He was old, and strong. This was testing him greatly. He knew he needed help. He suddenly stopped. His brown eyes turned red. Crimson red. He slowly stood, bracing himself against a nearby tree. He looked at the car's fast disappearing headlights and bared his fangs. You see, he is not himself. He shouldn't have let Ralph go. Now we occupy him. We are much more powerful than all his other demons combined. He is losing. But then, he starts to win. We hiss as he starts pulling away from us. We are not strong enough yet. Glashfudta!

Justin's POV

I gagged and tore myself away from whatever the hell that thing was. I gagged again and fell to my knees, choking. Air suddenly seemed very precious to me, and I frantically choked, trying to get as much as possible. I couldn't seem to get any. A ribbon of oxygen finally slipped down my throat, and I gasped, trying to get more. I braced myself against a tree, head down, chest rising and falling rapidly.

My insides were burning up, fire roaring and eating me up. I whimpered and clawed at my chest, trying to ease my agony. No such luck. My pain tolerance was unusually high for a vampire, but this pain was too much. I collapsed, and I lay there facedown amongst the leaves, grass and moss. I curled up and pulled my knees to my chest, still whimpering. I knew I was acting like an infant, but I could do nothing about it. It hurt. My face was screwed up, eyes tightly sealed, mouth twisted in a grimace. My God, this hurts. Help me; someone, anyone, help me!

"Help," I whispered, and my vision started going blurry, a black haze started forming around my sight, coming closer to the center, blocking my precious sight.

Then I was gone.

Natalie's POV

I was aware that the cruiser was out of gas only when I started slowing down. I frowned and pushed harder on the gas, but nothing worked. It continued slowing down, until it rolled completely to a stop. Great. Just great!

"No!" I said loudly, and slapped the steering wheel, hard. It didn't help. I groaned and ran my hands through my hair, tugging at it. I opened the car door and slammed it closed behind me. I kicked the car's front tire and walked agitatedly to the boot, yanking it open and grabbing all my bags (and Fawn's). I slammed it closed and slung the bags over my shoulders. I winced when I put my weight on my ankle, and sighed. Oh this was just perfect. I sighed and started hobbling towards safety, even though I knew it wouldn't be much.

Justin's POV

The pain finally eased, and I slowly stood. I felt a burning at the back of my throat and realised I needed to feed. The problem was, there were no animals I could detect in the forest. That was peculiar. I frowned slightly, then sighed and started walking down the road. This country is so strange. There is a forest, then a desert, of all things next to it! I glanced up at the sky. It would be dawn in a few hours. I would need to hurry. I sped my pace up, walking briskly. Maybe there was a Blood Bank in the nearest town.

Natalie's POV

I didn't know I was lost until I came to a crossroads. I stopped, then looked either way. They both matched; they looked no different. Flat wasteland one way, and what do you know? more flat wasteland as far as the eye could see the other way. I frowned hard, trying to decide which way to go. Always go... The right way. But for some reason I was drawn to the left hand instead. I shrugged and started walking left.

***

I was dragging my feet. My muscles screamed, my eyes were heavy and my knees ached. I'd been walking for hours, and the scenery hadn't changed at all. It was now around three in the morning. So much for going left! My conscious whispered, and I wanted to slap her. I sighed and flopped down onto the sand, right next to the road. I'll only rest a minute...

When I opened my eyes again it was midday. I only woke because I was hot. I creaked my eyes open and felt my face, then yelped. It was scorching hot. I was burned anywhere my skin had been exposed, I realised. That included my neck and hands. I sighed and stood up. I'd been getting so much bad luck I'd just have to get used to it. I picked my bags up and started walking again.

Justin's POV

I opened my eyes. It was now night now, thank god. I'd taken shelter in a car wreck to protect myself from the sun. I was old, and had built up a resistance against the sun, but it was still uncomfortable to be in its direct glare. I sighed and buried my head closer into my arms. I had found an old blanket in the trunk, and had draped it over the windshield to stop the sun and to provide shade. I opened the car door and stepped out. I staggered and nearly fell. I needed to feed, soon.

I had been walking for about two hours when I heard a coyote howl. I smiled. Finally, food. But the smile vanished when I heard a scream. There was absolute terror in her voice, and I realised with a jolt that it was Natalie who was screaming. I forgot my thirst and ran as fast as I could towards the sounds. I could now hear snarls and growls as well as her screams. I saw them. I saw the coyotes surrounding her, snapping at her, and I felt anger flare. Then I attacked.

Natalie's POV

I was exhausted. It was night again and still no signs of life. Until I saw the coyotes. I heard them rather than saw them first. I heard them howl and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. They were close. Really close. I screamed when one pounced on me. It jumped on my back an knocked me flat. Holy crow, it was heavy! I felt its hot breath on my neck and I screamed again. I twisted quickly and threw it off. It yelped and scrambled back up, as did I. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat. There were around ten of them, and they were huge. And looked very, very hungry. Then they attacked. They kept biting my legs as I screamed and tried to push them away. They had knocked me over, and were tugging me this way and that, smearing blood on the ground below me. I was getting weaker, and my eyes were starting to drift closed. Then, the heaviest one climbed on top of me and bared its now bloodstained teeth. Its muzzle was stained with blood as well. I whimpered and gave out one last weak cry.

Then, a blur hit the coyote so hard it yelped and flew off me. The other coyotes yelped in surprise too, then snarled, surrounding me. It was wishful thinking that they were protecting me. No, they were clearly saying: back off, this is our prey! I heard a hiss an opened my eyes weakly to see a shadowy form stand up for the now dead coyote. I could see the blood on its neck. It was ripped apart. The figure stood and came at the coyotes. They threw themselves at the person, and they went down. Not for long though. He- I could tell it was a man now, he had broad shoulders and his chest was flat- tossed the coyote aside and punched another one. By now the coyotes were running, fleeing for their lives. I my eyes started closing again and my breaths became more shallow. I could feel the life slipping from me. "Natalie?" was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

**********

I opened my eyes slowly. I was lying in a... cave? I didn't hurt until I moved. Then ow! I was aching from walking for so long, then getting burned, then getting attacked by the coyotes... I sighed and closed my eyes again. Then, they snapped open when I felt cool breath on my face.

Oh crap.

The vampire was leaning over me, and his eyes were blood red.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiiii!!!!!! I finally updated after 171837304033937251816181373 years!!! I'm SOOOOOO SORRY :( I had sooo much revision to do, then my exams, then my results, then Wattpad broke and wouldn't let me into my books so I could update ugghhhhhh. But anyway, what do you think??

Vote!!

Fan!!

Comment!!

~Rebecca~