Chapter 15: Close

OMFG GUYS I CAME TOP OF THE YEAR FOR MY ENGLISH EXAM I GOT 92%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOC is Take Care by Drake feat Rihanna

~Rebecca~

Recap~~

I opened my eyes slowly. I was lying in a... cave? I didn't hurt until I moved. Then ow! I was aching from walking for so long, then getting burned, then getting attacked by the coyotes... I sighed and closed my eyes again. Then, they snapped open when I felt cool breath on my face.

Oh crap.

The vampire was leaning over me, and his eyes were blood red.

Natalie's POV

I screamed. It seemed like the only logical thing to do, even though I knew no one could hear me.

To my surprise, the vampire yelled in shock and jumped back, landing on the opposite wall and clinging there, ten feet off the ground.

"Good God you can scream!" he said. I scrambled back, never taking my eyes off him. His eyes turned brown. His natural eye colour? He seemed to realise that he was still on the wall and dropped down; not even needing to bend his knees to absorb the impact.

He started to come towards me, and I crawled back more quickly, until my back hit a wall. I stood up, or tried to. My ankle prevented me from doing so. I cried out as a sharp, searing pain stabbed through my ankle and foot. I fell, and nearly knocked myself out as I hit my head off a rock.

I shook my head to try to stop myself from passing out, but that only magnified the pain and dizziness so I stopped.

He was still coming towards me, so I held my hands out. Bad move. They were covered in blood, and I realised that a second after he did. He stopped, and his eyes went wide and bright crimson. They actually glowed in the dark, illuminating his face, and his mouth where two pointy fangs rested on his soft lips.

You've gotta be kidding me. I'm noticing things like that in a time like this? I mentally slapped myself.

"Oh," he said lowly, slowly backing away. "Oh, please put those away. I- I don't want to hurt you more than I already have. Oh oh.

"You're thirsty," I said quietly. He nodded, still backing away. I wiped my hands on my ruined sweatpants.

He slowly breathed out, and started coming towards me. I sidled away from the wall and made sure tree was a good distance between us. I couldn't really see very well in the semi-darkness, so that put me at a disadvantage.

He made an annoyed sound and suddenly rushed me. I screamed and tried to scramble away, but he caught my wrists and yanked my hands up to his face. I whimpered, squirming as his grip tightened. His hands felt like handcuffs made from ice. He sensed my discomfort and loosened his grip. Not enough to let me pull away, but enough that I could feel my hands.

"You'll need stitches, one of the coyotes bit your hand quite badly," he said quietly.

"Let me go. Please," I said quietly. His head snapped up and his brown eyes met mine. He nodded after a few seconds and let go of my wrists.

"I need to get you to a hospital," he said, and scooped me up. I shrieked and started flailing, trying to ignore the sharp, glassy jabs of pain all over my body. He made an aggravated sound. "Be still!" he snapped. Like hell I would. "Put me down!" I shrieked. He groaned and tightened his grip on me. Then, he slid one hand up to my neck, pressing on a certain spot. "Fy annwyl," he said, and everything tunnelled away from me, leaving me in the dark.

Justin's POV

I looked down at the sleeping girl in my arms and sighed. I would have to take her to my Coven. And a bleeding human was like catnip to a vampire. I was parched, but I refused to drink from her. Yet.

I looked outside of the cave. It was night time. Excellent. I cradled Natalie in my arms and walked out of the cave. I looked around and set off running towards my Coven.

I jogged up to the gates of the mansion and braced Natalie as I reached up and pressed the buzzer to get in. I heard a metallic clang and the gates opened.

I went up the driveway and up the stairs. I kicked them open and a few members of my Coven glanced up at me.

"Elder Justin," a vampire named Myrnin said, bowing from the waist. I nodded at him.

"Where are the other Elders?" I asked him.

"Outside, in the back garden," he replied.

"Thank you," I said and he nodded, bowing low again.

I ran outside to see Cynthia and the other Elders in a circle. The Elders were Cynthia, Gerald, Amelie, Oliver, Krysten and myself. Krysten looked up and saw Natalie first. She raised her eyebrows, then smiled.

"Ahh, ma cherie, how thoughtful of you to bring a snack!" she purred and came towards me, arms outstretched to take Natalie from me. I snarled at her and stepped back, clutching Natalie even closer to my chest. Krysten stopped, and her electric blue eyes narrowed and flashed red. The other Elders looked up, and Oliver stepped forward. He pushed his hood back to reveal his sharp face. He was middle aged when he was turned, dying of the Plague. I still remember turning him. He had long greying hair, and his eyes were a cool green.

"Justin, what is the meaning of this?" He asked. "Why would you bring a human here if you aren't going to feed from her? Are you going to turn her?"

"No!" I snapped, and hissed at Krysten, who had made a grab at Natalie. "Leave her be!" I shouted, suddenly furious. Krysten hissed back, her eyes swirling bright crimson and her sharp fangs snapping down. I bared mine and felt my eyes turn the same shade as hers. She came at me, but I wasn't in the mood to tolerate her. I growled, and sent my force out. It hit her like a brick wall, and she was thrown back. "Enough!" Cynthia snapped when she scrambled up and came at me again. Krysten stopped only when Amelie intervened. She reached a pale hand out and grabbed a fistful of Krysten's brown hair and yanked her to a stop. She cried out as Amelie pulled her to her knees.

"Enough," Amelie said softly, but harshly at the same time. When I looked at her, I always think, Ice Queen. She certainly looked like one. She had cool, steely grey eyes and ice blonde hair, and her attitude was usually like ice. She almost always spoke softly, but coldly. She was almost as old as me, she was 800 years old.

Krysten stilled, and I felt the coldness of Amelie's wrath and will from where I stood. "You will not touch the girl," she continued. "If you do, there will be consequences. Is that understood?" She let go, and Krysten scrambled back up. She nodded. "Yes Ma'am," she said, and shot me a filthy look. "Cynthia, help me. She's hurt, and I can't wake her up! I gave her my venom, but she just got worse!" I said. Cynthia looked at me, then at Natalie. Her eyes widened. "Give her to me," she said, coming towards me. I tightened my grip on her, but not so much that I would hurt her, even if she was unconscious. I had tried waking her up after I had knocked her out, I knew how, but she wouldn't wake. Cynthia's eyes narrowed. "Justin, give her to me. Now!" I raised my eyebrows but handed Natalie carefully to her. She cradled Natalie in her arms and looked up at me. "Follow," she said, and took off running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Haiiiii!! Sorry for taking so long!!! But schools over for me now so I'll be able to update a lot more!!

Vote!!
Fan!!
Comment!!!

~Rebecca~