Chapter 1

Power can open even the most impossible doors. It can make the road before you lay like a red carpet and it can provide you with a positive reply to anything your heart could ever desire. 

Never in his life, he had heard the word no as a reply nor did he have to put much effort for things to work his way. All he had to do was speak of his name and anyone who was to fall on his path was bound to bow their heads to him.

Born into wealth and with that powerful surname on his shoulders, Jungkook had grown up to be someone who knew no fear nor the meaning of low confidence. Wherever he was to step, his footsteps would leave a path of gold and he certainly was annoyingly aware of that.

In a ritzy, upscale boutique, which he had just stepped into, Jungkook felt once more the joy of being who he was, for everyone was instantly at his disposal.

He nonchalantly surrendered his credit card to his girlfriend, a vivacious fashion enthusiast named Sung Sae Ri then he casually made his way onto a plush, waiting couch, an oasis of comfort amid the sea of designer clothes. Sung Sae Ri embarked on her sartorial adventure, sifting through racks of haute couture with an artist's precision.

Hours passed by with Jungkook having the best treatment in the waiting room, as Sae Ri would try on one piece after another and showcase it to him, like his private runway model, each time vying for his discerning approval. 

After a long while of fun and turning the whole shop upside down, the sun had dipped below the horizon, and a triumphant gleam sparked in Sung Sae Ri's eyes. She twirled in her new dress, being a vision of elegance. In a joyous leap, she enveloped herself in Jungkook's embrace, leaving a sweet peck on his lips as a token of her gratitude, for everything he had bought for her and all the pieces that the shop was about to deliver at her home, for her convenience.

"Are you satisfied? You will surely get the attention you want at the upcoming party" Jungkook smiled at her as their evening was to be occupied by this obligation they had to attend. He had reluctantly agreed after all to accompany Sae Ri to one of her friend's birthday party.

 Her words still echoed in his mind: "They all must be struck dumb with envy when they see us, darling." 

"I can't wait to see everyone's faces. Come on, take me home now. I need to take care of my make-up and get ready. The time is almost here" Sae Ri snuggled against his chest with joy and Jungkook chuckled softly, realizing he couldn't defy his spirited, high-maintenance girlfriend's wishes, even if he could care less about making a loud appearance.

The two exited the shop together cheerfully and Jungkook made sure to drive her to her estate as soon as possible, enjoying the rest of the time they spent together on their way there.

"Wear the perfume I like."He told her right as she was stepping out of his vehicle and he didn't even wait for a reply from her, for he already knew, that she would do, as he wanted.

Indulgence came easily to Jungkook. Raised in fortune, he was accustomed to the world bending to his desires. After bidding goodbye to Sae Ri at her residence, he made his way home, ready to prepare for the event.

However this time along, something appeared different in his estate. The usual tranquillity was shattered by a flurry of activity. Servants and staff were darting about like worker bees in a hive, carrying out an intricate choreography of tasks. Intrigued, Jungkook halted a passing maid, right after he stepped out of his vehicle and questioned her with his tone casual but curious.

"Pardon me, but what's all the commotion about?" The maid froze before him, her eyes widening upon seeing him.

"Your father had a heart attack, Sir," she stammered, delivering the news that would change the course of Jungkook's night.