Chapter 9

Seated upon a plush leather chair in the wealthy confines of an unknown mansion, your hands clenched with uncertainty. The room exuded an air of luxury that rivalled the lavishness of the car that had spirited you away moments earlier.

Guided by the maids through corridors adorned with elegance, you found yourself in a grand office, its expansive balcony inviting the warm embrace of daylight. A silent reminder of the passage of time flickered through the room, casting shadows upon your sense of urgency, for certainly, you were more than late for your morning work by now. Yet you couldn't do anything to get yourself out of there, as you stood alone in that grand office, vulnerable to the whims of your captors.

As the door creaked open, your gaze shifted to its source, revealing an elderly gentleman accompanied by a younger figure, his demeanour hinting at the role of a secretary. "Miss Y/F/N, please be seated," the elder beckoned, his presence commanding respect that you offered in earnest.

Recognition dawned as you caught sight of the name tag adorning the desk—Jungkook's surname written on it. The fact made you conclude that the old man that was standing before you must be none other than Jungkook's uncle, which made you further assume that this mansion must be the place Jungkook used to live in. A sense of relief washed over you, as now at least you knew your whereabouts and that you weren't kidnapped by anyone dangerous.  

"I regret the urgency of my summons, but time is a precious commodity," he began, a thin smile dancing upon his lips, its authenticity lost to your discerning eye.

With unwavering resolve, you met his gaze, refusing to yield to the pressure of his demands. "My time, too, holds value, sir. So please do get to the point of the reason, you so rudely summoned me over," you declared, a flicker of defiance igniting within.

A hollow laugh escaped his lips, reverberating through the air like a faint whisper of his ambitions, yet his confidence did not face you, you found strength, and determination was running through your veins, to not let him intimidate you no matter what. 

"I must admit, you possess a remarkable spirit." The old man collected his momentary amusement over your previous reply and looked you in the eyes. " It doesn't surprise me, considering the multitude of people you've sheltered within your walls, nourished, and empowered to stand tall. No weak person would be able to deal with so many people." He added and you simply narrowed your eyes on him, for you understood well that his words weren't meant as a praise towards you.

The fact that he even mentioned all the people you had helped and even sheltered in your house before, meant that he had certainly done some background checks on you. A Thing that you didn't appreciate of him at all, for your past was a thorn you were still bearing the weight of.

" But as we both know, those you've aided in the past never repaid your kindness. So, I wonder, are you merely naive, or do you truly believe Jungkook will be any different?" His words struck a nerve, causing you to clench your jaw, your patience waning as he delved too deeply into your history, arrogantly assuming that you had helped people, in hopes of receiving some kind of compensation back.

"I didn't extend my hand to anyone expecting servitude or reciprocation. And as for Jungkook, I suggest you refrain from meddling in his affairs." You dared to challenge, rising from your seat, a brief respite before you continued your impassioned plea.

"He's endeavouring to carve a path in this new life, and I have faith he'll flourish. With or without the weight of the Jeon name, his determination knows no bounds. So, I urge you to step aside, for your meddling has already wrought enough havoc." Your words caught him off guard, his facade faltering, revealing a flicker of surprise in his steely gaze. No human ever had dared speak to him with that tone before.