Chapter 27

You had returned home only to find GaYun worried sick for you and once saw you, she couldn't help herself but jump in your arms, hugging you tightly.

"I was so scared. Oh my God, please never do this again." She spoke as she was still holding you and you felt guilty for having put her in so much worry.

Who knows what she might have thought, knowing well that there were many people out there who would intend to harm you if they knew who you were? Of all the people you had met in your life, GaYun was the only one who never left after learning the truth.

You will never forget the day you found her in your room folding some clothes as you had returned home earlier, nervous about the fact that you had forgotten your passport. You never left it anywhere, you always carried it with you as you avoided telling people your surname. It wasn't an uncommon surname but you were a terrified person at that time so you were extra careful while being in this city. You just didn't want to face the same troubles again.

You didn't know that your behaviour though had long ago caught your roommate's attention and made her suspicious enough to rumble around and find the truth, yet she said nothing about it and waited till you confessed, after an incident with a beggar you had brought home.

You had a big argument that night that led to you spilling some information and she took it further, letting you know that she was aware of everything and that she didn't mind, because you were you and not your father and it would be stupid of anyone to judge you for someone else's doings. From that night on you had grown closer and became the best of friends.

"She is okay, GaYun Noona you seriously need to stop exaggerating things. Like why would anyone mess with Y/N to begin with?" Jungkook spoke as he had left her worried thoughts get to him and he had grown more worried himself when he had come back and hadn't found you home. It was all because of GaYun, he thought, that he worried so much he didn't even change his clothes and now he was ice cold and shivering.

"Just go change your clothes and take a warm bath. You may catch a fever at this rate." You instructed him and he sneezed as he turned around and went to your room.

"What was that text about? What happened?" GaYun whispered once Jungkook was out of the room and you showed her your sadness, making her instantly realize that it was something serious.

"I can't tell you much now. Maybe after Jungkook falls asleep." You whispered back as you looked towards the door, your heart jumping off your chest as it swung open and Jungkook got out.

He just gave you a look as he went towards the bathroom to take a warm shower, however, his presence had cut your breath.

You left a deep exhale as he was now gone and took a seat at the table that was filled with food GaYun had cooked long ago for you both.

"Eat a bit. In three hours you have to be up again and I don't think you will be sleeping tonight in that mood." She pushed the plates towards you and you hesitated to dig in as you had no appetite. Silence fell as minutes went by and only the water running from the shower was able to be heard faintly.

" Can't you take the day off tomorrow, since the situation is like this?" GaYun asked and you shook your head before actually grabbing those chopsticks.

"They already are getting pressured to fire me. I can't give them any more reasons to do so. I just started this job and it would be nice if I managed to stay the whole month and get the full payment check." You responded as this was one more issue in your mind. That job was good and you needed its payment to cover this month's expenses.

" Why would they want to fire you? You didn't do anything now, did you? "She questioned and you looked around the room to make sure that Jungkook was far from getting out of the shower yet then leaned closer to her.

" Jungkook's father wants me away from him and everything related to his company. That hotel is in partnership with the Jeon family so I definitely won't last long in there." GaYun looked sadly at you, finding all this quite unfair.

"That man is going overboard."

"He is right. It's not only for the reason you are thinking of GaYun. I have to find a way to keep Jungkook away from me." Your words shocked her as this was something she would never accept because she knew well that no matter if you were willing to admit it or not, you had created a bond with Jungkook.

" What? No way you mean that. You can't let them affect you! The Y/N I know never let anyone tell her what to do. Besides you like h-" You quickly rushed and covered her mouth as what she was about to say was something you didn't want to hear, for any reason and not now.

" It doesn't matter. Nothing matters now. I will explain once we are alone okay? "You looked at her eyes with your pleading gaze, then you slowly retrieved your hand away, looking back down at your food.

It didn't matter what your feelings were anymore because if he was to find out he would end up hating you more than any other person did in the past. What was the point in feeling if the outcome was already decided?
You had to push him away now that it's still early and maybe you could still save your heart a bit from devastating pain. You had to put distance or this wouldn't end well for either of you.

"Wow. That shower was heaven." Jungkook's voice reached your ears as he opened the door and stepped out, like usually wearing only his boxers and the towel lying down from the top of his head.

He didn't even turn to look your way as he went to your room, giving you back the relieved feeling his absence gifted to you both.

"Let's go to your room." You told her as you stood up and headed towards her door, GaYun following you immediately.

Once the door was closed, Jungkook opened the other one and peaked outside then he closed it again, his mind filled with thoughts as he contemplated the things he overheard you two talking about, as he had finished that shower way earlier than the moment he stepped out of the bathroom.

He didn't have intentions to eavesdrop but as soon as he had clicked the doorknob open, the mention of his father, had frozen his actions and he ended up listening to things that perplexed him deeply.

It was obvious that his father knew something he didn't know about you and now that you seem to also be aware of it and that something is making you want to put distance from him, he just couldn't help but want to know what that was.

No matter what it may be, I don't intend to allow you to push me away Y/N. I am sorry but.. You are important to me.

He thought to himself as he crushed on the bed then turned his head to the side, where in the commode it laid a picture of you and your grandma. He looked at it for a while, as he had done many nights before till he would fall asleep however this time, he decided to do more than watch it.

He reached his arm and took hold of the framed picture then he brought it closer, his eyes focused on your face and the way you were smiling.

"I want to see you smile. It hurts me. When I see you in pain as tonight." He admitted to himself before he placed the picture back and turned his back on it.

He closed his eyes, trying to not think and just sleep, however, his brain didn't do him any favours and this time around, neither did his heart. Beating strangely in rhythms of agony, fear, uneasiness and worry.

---To be continued...