Chapter 16

You and Jungkook returned home after the outing on your day off. The night had turned into a delightful experience, and you felt a surge of gratitude towards Jungkook for insisting on going out, even though you hadn't planned on expressing it.

Inside the bathroom, you changed into comfy pyjamas adorned with prints of Avengers characters, one of your cherished pairs alongside another featuring Dragon Ball characters. These two sets held sentimental value, the Dragon Ball reminding you of childhood anime sessions with your father, and the Avengers pyjamas being a cherished gift from your grandmother.

Exiting the bathroom, you discover Jungkook still seated on the couch, at the spot where you intended to sleep. It surprised you that he hadn't retired to your room, which he had practically claimed as his own since arriving at your house.

Curious, you questioned him, "What are you still doing up?" He immediately rose as you entered.

Silently, Jungkook seized your wrist, leading you to his room. Intrigued, you followed, thinking he might want to show you something or had accidentally broken something.

Once inside, you expected an explanation, but instead, he closed the door and gently pulled you to the bed. Bewildered, you asked, "Jungkook, what's going on?" He lay beside you, wearing an innocent smile.

"This night was fantastic, but to top it off, I have to sleep with my date, right?" he teased, prompting an irritated eye-roll from you. You attempted to leave, but he swiftly wrapped his legs around your waist, drawing you close to his chest.

" Hey, this is not funny. Let go! "You shouted and tried to push him while you lifted your head to meet his gaze.

Your faces were mere inches apart, drawing attention to the gravity of the moment and the realization that he was indeed a man. A wave of unease washed over you as soon as that fact crept into your thoughts unexpectedly.

"Noona, let's drop the jokes for a moment. Tonight, I need to feel the warmth of someone's embrace," he pleaded, his gaze softening as his eyes locked onto yours with a pleading intensity that made it nearly impossible to refuse him.

"What's going on with you?" You questioned, concern lacing your words as you observed his sudden vulnerability.

Jungkook remained silent, only readjusting his position so that his head nestled against your chest, his arms wrapping loosely around your waist, while your legs entwined in a comforting embrace.

"Tonight, there were so many people at the amusement park... Couples, kids with their fathers... All smiling, all laughing," Jungkook murmured, his words revealing the depths of his loneliness and longing for connection.

It felt like it had been so long since he had last seen his father. He had spent many nights thinking about him from the moment he was kicked out of his house, not because the fact that he was sick, had literally changed his life so drastically, but simply because he couldn't help but wonder, if one day he would see him again, with that usual smile he used to give him. If he will have the chance to feel like a kid, before the eyes of his father, if he could hold his hand once more and randomly smile at him right after waking up and meeting him at the morning breakfast table.

There was a lot of fears and regret that were piling up on Jungkook's chest, for certainly he felt sorry over the fact that maybe he hadn't done his best to express to his father how much he meant to him when he was by his side and he had the chance to. He hadn't cried in his arms like he so much wanted to at that very moment. He hadn't even told him, how aware he was that after he had lost his mother, his father was all he had left.