Chapter 25

Jungkook returned home still a bit frustrated that his night had gone downhill. He didn't have any plans of getting into a physical conflict with his friend however not only did he get himself in trouble but also got caught up in thoughts about his friend's behaviour.

Joe may have some reasons for disliking him as his arrogance was over the top in the past however Jungkook didn't remember having put him down or disrespected him in any way as he never behaved badly with his circle of friends. At this point, he had to accept that they were never real friends and from the start it was all just a pretend game created for the individual benefits of each.

That reality had saddened him even though he was covering his wounds with anger and the desire to avenge himself and make them pay. He had never thought that his sense of justice would have woken up to be so demanding, or it might be just because it involved him.

He went up the stairs at a quick pace as all he wanted was to come see you and talk to you. He was sure your words would make him feel better because you had that effect on him. No matter how frustrated Jungkook was, you somehow with your logic and kindness always managed to melt his troubled thoughts away.

He unlocked the door and entered inside, from his lips instantly leaving your name as he called for you but he was only met with GaYun sitting at the couch with a set table.

"Jungkook. Where is Y/N? Isn't she with you?" She snapped from her seat, looking behind him for you to appear, but that behaviour of herself only betrayed the fact that she was quite worried as she had received a message from you about an hour ago that told her a line that put her into much thought

  "I am so screwed up. Life really can be vengeful."

After that, she called and texted you but your phone was out of reach and she had called Jungkook too but he wasn't picking up his phone.

"No, we weren't together tonight. I had to go somewhere and she covered for me. Why isn't she home yet? She should have been back by now." Jungkook looked at his watch, worry growing inside him as well.

"What do we do? What if something happened to her on the way back?" Your friend expressed her worrisome thoughts that added up to Jungkook's worry.

"I am gonna go look for her. You stay here in case she returns." He told her and quickly ran out of the door, reaching his girlfriend's car again in no time, not caring much if the police were on to the car or something.

He roamed the streets, his thoughts having deleted everything thing but you and his wish to find you safe and sound.

"Where are you damn it?! Don't do this to me." He expressed his frustration as he reached the restaurant and hadn't spotted you anywhere on his way there and the restaurant was already closed. Jungkook stood there for a moment as his mind was going crazy from worry then he remembered the shortcut by the park and he took a turn, speeding up to go there.

Once he reached there he stepped out of the vehicle and ran inside the park, looking for you. He was hoping to find you at the usual bench where you had first found him and to his joy, he finally got sight of a person sitting there.

He ran in your direction he saw you only to realize that he was right and it was you indeed, sitting there in silence looking at nothing ahead of you.

"Y/N. Just what are you doing? Why aren't you home? I was so w-" His words were cut off as you turned to look at him and he took notice of your red eyes that indicated that you were crying.

Somehow the sight brought him sadness and his mouth went silent, not knowing what to say for a moment.

" Y/N, is everything okay? Did something happen to you?" He approached you and kneeled on one knee before you, grabbing your hands softly as he asked you.

"Of course not. I am fine. It's just a cold." You lied as you smiled at him wishing inside that it would have been really,  just a cold.

But it wasn't. It was a blizzard that ripped your heart open and froze every hope inside of you. It was almost funny how of all people you had ended up falling into him. The coincidence was too much and so unfair that your mind couldn't proceed with it.

All the other times you had taken anyone in and they would end up pretending like they didn't know you after because they would learn whose daughter you were, even though it hurt you, still you didn't mind it that much because you were on the right side as for your judgment. You had done nothing against anyone and your father was innocent to your judgment. So them being ungrateful was just their mistake. This time whoever things were different and you couldn't even call Jungkook ungrateful if he was to do the same thing.

His mother had died on that ship. Her name was in the victims list that you checked on your way back from work, not being able to resist not knowing if your suspension was right or not. Unfortunately, it was right and this was a nightmare.

Even if he wouldn't be like the others and not blame you for something that wasn't your doing, the is no way he would maintain any relationship with the daughter of the person that was responsible for the loss of his mother's life. And you understood that well because if you were him, you would also have it hard to swallow.

This situation was so unfair because you not only had grown fond of him but had ended up caring so much. You were used to him around you and more importantly, you liked how he balanced you. Before he came into your life, you were always all about calculating life, everything was planned because you had responsibilities to take care of. It was all about work then he came and reminded you that fun existed too. With his silly comments and nonchalant behaviour. His laid-back attitude and goofy personality. He taught you that, in life, you should let go sometimes and just enjoy the moment.

He had influenced you even though you would never admit that to him because it would get over his head. However, you had a big influence on him too even though you weren't much aware of it.

"A cold? Hey, you haven't even zipped up. Just what are you doing? This is not summer Y/N." He scolded you as he grabbed the zipper of your jacket and pulled it up, making you smile at him.

"It will pass soon. No need to suffocate me." You joked as you stood up to take your leave but his hand that grabbed your arm stopped you and made you face him.

You looked at him in wonder of what he wanted then you suddenly found yourself in his embrace where he held you tightly.

" Don't do this again. I worried about you so much. So next time... Please, don't stop to cry alone anywhere. Just cry in my embrace. I promise... I won't let anyone find out." Jungkook's words made your eyes fill with tears as you understood that he hadn't been fooled by your excuse and was being considerate of your pride too, as you didn't like showing your weaknesses.

" I won't do it again. I promise. I will cry only when you are here from now on." You hugged him back as you reassured him that you meant those words, thinking that he wouldn't be around after he knew the truth and as such this promise was a way to keep you from shedding any tears. Even though it couldn't keep you from hurting as well.

" Don't break that promise. Pinky promise me to be sure" He pulled away, stretching out his smallest finger.

"That's so childish. I am not gonna -" Your speech got disrupted as he grabbed your hand and linked his pinky with yours then he looked at you and smiled.

"Done! Now let's go. I am gonna take you around in a great car." He told you as he pulled you with him.

"Car? You got a car?"

"It's SaeRi's. I took it cause I had to flee the party. They called the police on me." He explained rather casually but you didn't take it so calmly.

"What?!! The heck did you do? I thought you were going to have fun not-" You halted your tongue as a police car stopped right before the parked sports vehicle and Jungkook looked at you and the officers that had just stepped out of the car, contemplating what to do.

" Should we run? "You whispered to him and he grabbed your hand and started running away with you at full speed, giving you the answer.

---To be continued...