Chapter 3

Daehwi's POV

After the class, I feel that someone is following me. I felt at bit nervous and scared since I don't really know anyone in here except for Jinyoung. I ran as fast as I can until I reached the end of the hallway.

"Hey!" someone shouted

I looked back and saw the guy who bumped me in the stairs a while ago.

"Hey nerd!" he shouted again

"W-why?" I stuttered. He looks so intimidating and scary.

"I didn't realize that you're quite cute up close." He winked

"I-I'm sorry, but I have to go home now." I feel really scared at the moment.

"Chill! I don't bite..." he stoped and when hear my ears.

"...at first" he whispered.

I tried to run but he grabbed my arm tightly.

"I didn't do anything to you. Please stop! I need to go now." He begged. I can feel my tears starting to form.

"Hey Guanlin! Jihoon's looking for you!" a guy shouted from the other end of the hall.

It was Jinyoung. Guanlin suddenly rushed to him and asked something. Jinyoung ran towards me.

"A-are you okay?" he asked

"Y-yeah! I was just a bit scared a while ago. T-thank you once again!" I'm very thankful that he's always here when I needed help.

"Uhmm. Are you about to go home?" he asked

"Yes. How about you?"

"Yeah! I'm about to go to the parking until I heard someone shouted." Woah! I want to thank him again for that but it might sound too annoying if I thank him again.

"I-I could take you there. Uhmmm.. In exchange of what you did to me the whole day" I told him. I don't know how to thank a rich guy like him. That's why I'm trying my best to return the favor.

"Sure! How about you? How will you go home?" he asked.

"Uhmmm... I'm not on the rich side" I laughed it out

"I'll just walk from here to our apartment." I told him

He looks silent. Maybe he doesn't want to hang out with people like me. The whole walk going to the parking lot was really silent.

"Thanks again for all the help today. I'm sorry if you have to walk with someone like me."

He didn't say anything. Maybe he was really disgusted with me being poor. I ran as fast as I could until it was a bit far from where he is.

I focused on my self as I was walking. Telling my self to keep positive and survive the whole year by myself. Since I have no one to count on at school. I went straight to the bubble tea house to fill in the absences that I had.

"Hi there Dae dae!!!" Mrs. Park greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Park! I'm sorry for the past few days. I was really busy." I told her. I am lucky to have a boss like Mrs. Park. She is the kindest boss you'll ever have. She's like a boss-slash-mom to all her employees.

"Can I have a favor son?" she asked me

"Of course! Anything Mrs. Park" I assured her

"Can you work until closing time today? The person assigned on the next shift was rushed to the hospital. She was sick."

"Of course Mrs. Park! It's not a big deal for me. I can't disobey a person that's very kind to me, Mrs. Park. Hahaha" we both laughed then I started my shift.

My first customer came. I saw a familiar face entering the bubble tea house.

"J-jinyoung?" I stuttered again.

"Oh! Hi Daehwi! Hi Mrs. Park!" Jinyoung greeted us.

"How are you son? Where's Jihoon?" Mrs. Park asked Jinyoung.

"I'm good as always. Jihoon's eating with Guanlin. He said he'll be going home after."

"Oh! Okay thanks for that. I thought you don't like bubble tea. So, how are you related to my baby over here?" Mrs. Park asked Jinyoung while pinching my cheeks.

"Hahahaha. Please stop Mrs. Park!" I laughed it out to remove the awkwardness.

"I'm sorry, son!"

"I started craving for some. Hahahaha. By the way, he's my classmate, Mrs. Park" Jinyoung told her.

"Really? So you're Jihoon's classmate too?" she asked me.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Park but I haven't met him yet." I told her

"He's the one that I'm always with at school." Jinyoung told me

"Oh! Okay! Better greet him tomorrow." I told him

"Wintermelon please." Jinyoung suddenly said

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded. I forgot that I was a staff in this bubble tea house.

"Wintermelon! That's what I want to drink." He said

"O-oh! Okay! I'm sorry! Sugar level?"

"100%"

"Coming right up, sir!"

Jinyoung went to the in front of the counter and waited. I gave him his bubble tea after making it.

"Enjoy your milktea, sir."

It's already 10PM. Mrs. Park left 30 minutes ago. Jinyoung is still in his seat playing thru his phone.

"Uhmmm. Sir?" I went near him and asked approached him.

"You being too formal is a bit weird." We laughed after he said that.

"I'm just not used to being informal at work. Sorry." I told him

"By the way, I'm about to close the shop. Do you still have something you need?"

"Oh! Nothing! Where do you live? Want a ride going home?" Jinyoung asked.

"No! It's okay! I prefer walking. Hahaha"

"I'll walk with you then." I was shocked hearing that.

"You don't really need to do that."

"It's okay! I insist."

"Okay sure! Wait for me then. I'll close the shop."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Feel free to suggest what will happen, new characters and some changes on the comment box. I might dedicate a chapter to you ;) 

JihoonXGuanlin is the 2nd lead pair in this story. Their major parts will appear maybe on Chapter 4 or 5. Please wait for a little bit more ;)