Chapter 42

Jinyoung's POV

I woke up with a knock on my door.

"Who's there?" is shouted

"Get up, take a bath and dress well. I need you to meet someone right now. Don't make me call you up again. Go get ready right now"

It was my mother. What does she want right now?
I went straight to my bathroom and took a bath. After wearing some decent clothes, I went down and saw an unfamiliar face waiting at the sofa.

"Oh! Jinyoung, you're here." My mom greeted me

"What do you need, Mom?"

"Come to the kitchen with me"

I followed her to the kitchen

"Who is she? What do you need now?"

"She's Zhou Kyulkyung the daughter of the biggest stockholder in your Dad's company. I want you do date her. I need you to go out with her everyday to get to know each other."

"No! I won't do that! After all the things you have done to my personal life? No! I won't!"

"Fine then! You may say goodbye to Mr. Lee. I know that you've been contacting Daehwi through Mr. Lee. I gave him a warning already. If you will not date Kyulkyung."

"You can't fire Mr. Lee! You're being unfair! I don't care about you anymore! I'll be leaving this place."

I was about to leave until my mom said something that made me stop

"I'll let you meet Daehwi if you date Kyulkyung. Give this tea to her and introduce yourself."

I turned back to her again and grabbed the tea and went straight to the living room where Kyulkyung is seated.

"Hi! You're Kyulkyung, right?"

"Ah, yes. Jinyoung?"

"Bae Jinyoung" I plced the tea infront of her.

"Your mom told a lot of things about you"

"Really? Have you been waiting for a long time?"

"Not really. Almost an hour, maybe?"

"Oh, okay! Your name sounds unique."

"Oh, yeah. Kyungkyung is my korean name."

"You're not Korean?"

"I'm Chinese but I've been living here for 4 years already." I admit she's really pretty.

"When was the last time you went back to China? About 4 or 5 months ago"

"You must really miss your family, huh?"

"Not really. They prioritize their business more than me."

"I feel you" we both laughed with what I said

"Great thing that you too are getting along well. Jinyoung, how about taking Kyulkyung for a walk? Are you fine with that Kyulkyung?"

"Uhm. Yes Mrs. Bae"

"You can call me Auntie or if you want Mom" my mom said and gave her a wink.

"Hahaha I'm fine with it auntie."

"Go now. Take care of her Jinyoung, okay?"

"Okay. Shall we?"

Kyulkyung nodded.

I took her to the nearest park in our house. Sat on the bench while eating some cotton candy and corndogs

"So, what are you doing here in Korea?"

"My mom's sister lives here with her husband. Nobody is taking care of me in china when I was young. That's why they decided to take me here and continue my studies here. How about you?"

"I'm just studying. I don't really do much here. Hahaha"

"By the way, do you know that I'm a year older than you?"

"Oh! I'm sorry. My mom didn't tell me. Should I call you noona?"

"I don't care about those tho. Hahaha. You can just call me by my nickname. Since we'll bne friends for sure."

"What's your nickname then?"

"Pinky"

"Cute. Why? Because you love pink?"

"Obviously! Hahaha"

While we were enjoying ourselves, I notice someone who's been following us. I didn't mind him at first but I kept on seeing him. I pretended on not seeing him. As I turned back to look at him, I saw that he was about to take a picture. Though I'm not sure if the camera is focused at us or at some things that are near us.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Uhm, do you have a mall near here? I have to buy something for my friend's birthday. It was really on my schedule but your mom called my dad and asked him if I can come and meet you."

"I'm sorry about that my mom id really kinda selfish about things."

"Same goes with my dad. Hahaha"

"Let's get back to our house. I'll drive us to the mall."

"Really? Thanks a lot Jinyoung"

"No biggie. Let's go?"

She nodded and we went back to the house.

We went inside the house, a familiar guy wearing a face mask walks out of the house. I realized that he was the man that I saw a while ago at the park. I was about to chase him but he suddenly disappeared.

Daehwi's POV

I woke up with a sound of a knock on my door. I went up and opened the door. It was a mailman.

"Good morning, sir! Are you Lee Daehwi?"

"Yes sir. Do you have a mail for me?"

"Yes I do. Wait a second." He was searching for the letter on his bag

"Here you go. Please sign this." He gave me the envelope and made me sign on the receipt.

"Thank you"

"Thank you too, sir. Have nice day"

"Have a nice day too. Please take care"

He nodded and left.

There was no sender's name in here. I opened the letter and sat on my sofa to read it.

There is a folder with the word "Pictures" written on it and a letter.

Daehwi,

I am a friend of yours. I want to be anonymous since this is kind of a sensitive topic. As a friend, I don't want you getting hurt but I just want you to know something. Maybe to know what's really happening after you left. There is a picture in the envelope, you should see them. Those pictures were taken recently. I think it's best for you if you just stay there and start living a new and peaceful life.

I felt nervous after reading the letter. I wasthinking If I would check the pictures or just ignore it. But curiousity hitme. I opened the envelope and suddenly, tears kept on streaming out of my eyes.