Chapter 9

Jihoon's POV

As I was about to go back to our seat, something happened to Daehwi, leading Jinyoung to leave too. I was alone in our table eating. I saw Guanlin and Seonho walking together and they are about to order their food. Seonho was clinging to Guanlin. It hurts so much. I didn't realize that I've been staring at them for a long time. Guanlin saw me. Our eyes met. A tear fell from my eye after that happening. Guanlin ran to me.

"I'm sorry baby." he's a bit teary eyed already.

"I-It hurts Guanlin. It hurts so much" tears kept falling from my eyes.

"I'll find a way. Don't worry. Please be strong for me, okay?"

I just faked a smile and wiped my tears.

"Go to your boyfriend now. I'll be fine." I told him.

He held my hand and kissed it. Another tear dropped.

Guanlin left and went back to Seonho who was glaring at me.

I decided to leave the cafeteria.

"Jihoon! The principal is calling you" Jungjung, a schoolmate of mine told me.

"Okay! Thank Jungjung!" I smiled at him

I went to the principal's office.

"Hello Mr. Lee" I greeted the pricipal.

"Hi there Jihoon" he greeted back

"Anything I can do for you?"

"Samuel here.." he pointed a guy

"..is a new student. I would want you to help him by touring him in our campus. There are no available professors who can help him with the tour so I'm counting on you. You can tour him for the next hour. You will be excused on your next class."

"Of course Sir! It's okay for me to do that."

"Hi! I'm Samuel. I'm sorry if I'll be a burden for you today"

"That's no big deal." I gave him a big smile

"I'm Jihoon, by the way." I added

"Please take care of me. I-I'm a bit shy with new people tho, hehehe." He told me.

He's cute. He looks so innocent but at the same time, fierce.

"Should we go now?" I offered him my hand

He grabbed my hand and nodded.

While walking I can feel that he;s a bit tensed. I held his hand tighter to show him that it's okay. He calmed up a bit and we continued our tour.

I entered my room to tell my professor that the principal gave me a duty. As I entered I forgot that I was holding Samuel's hand. I had a short glance on Guanlin and he doesn't look happy. I just looked down and walked outside the room to continue our tour.

After touring Samuel he invited me for a snack.

"Thank you so much Jihoon" he told me

"You're always welcome. Give me your phone. You can call me if you need anything"

He gave me his phone and I entered my number in it.

"A-are you free tonight?" he asked me

"Well, no. Why?" I told him

"I would like to invite you for dinner. Just to formally thank you."

"I'm free on the other day tho. Is it okay?" I told him

"Yes! Yes! Thank you again. I should go now. And you should go to you class. The principal told me to start going to my classes tomorrow. Thank you again! I hope we could be friends!"

"Sure! I'll introduce you to my friends too. Don't worry! See you tomorrow! Come eat lunch with us, okay?" I told him

"Okay!" he nodded and waved goodbye

I went back to class. I ooked for Guanlin. He was just there sitting quietly.

"Hey Guanlin. A-are you okay?" I asked

He didn't answered me. I just sat on my chain after being ignored.

The whole days passes by and I decided to go home.

I suddenly received a text message.

Guanlin: I'll be there later. 7PM

Jihoon: Why?

Guanlin: We need to talk. Why? You don't want to? Do you have other appointments?

He sounded pissed. I didn't want to fight with him.

Jihoon: Sorry. Okay. I'll see you

He didn't responded after that.

After a few minutes, I received a new text.

Unknown Number: Hey! This is Samuel. Save my number, okay? Thanks again

Jihoon: Hi Samuel! Sure thing! See you tomorrow!

Samuel: See you tomorrow. I baked something for you!

Jihoon: You don't have to. But thanks anyway. Goodnight Samuel!

Samuel: Goodnight! Sleep tight!

It's almost 7PM. I've been waiting in our garden for a few minutes now. Suddenly, a car arrived. Guanlin went out.

Guanlin looks angry while walking near me.

"Who is he!?" he was burning. He is really mad.

"He's a new student. I was told to tour him."

"Touring included holding hands then? Huh!?" he said

"He was scared! I wanted to help him calm down!"

"THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE JIHOON! TELL ME THE TRUTH" he shouted and pushed me. I fell on the ground. Tears started falling from the eyes again.

"I'm the one who shjould be mad at you. I kept seeing you two clinging with each other. I badly wanted to go near you two and separate you from each other but I can;'t do that. You don't want me to. I the one who feeling played with and yet you're the one who is mad at me for helping others." I answered him whil crying

His face changed. I can see that he felt guilty with what he said.

"I'm sorry Jihoon! Please forgive me. I was just jealous! I don't want anyone holding you." He said. Crying. It's the first time I saw him like this. He picked me up from the ground and hugged me tightly.

"I'm the one who kept seeing you two flirting but like what you said. We should do this for my own good. You better go hoome now Guanlin. It's getting late."

"You do know that I love you, right?" he asked

Those words made my emotions turn upside-down. It felt so light and happy.

"I love you Jihoon" he said

"You're the most important person to me" headded

He grabbed my hand and kissed it again

"I-I love you too Guanlin! Go home and take a rest. Let's find a way to fightfor ourselves. Text me when you get home. Get a good night sleep."

He came closer and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight baby!" he said

"Goodnight baby!" I replied