Home and Hardships

Sorry I haven't updated in forever. Here y'all go!
________________

||||||Home and Hardships|||||||

Austin's Pov

"ALLY, We are like an hour away!" I said with excitement.

"Cool" she replied shrugging

"Aren't you excited? The only thing you've been saying is 'I can't wait to be home!' We're finally here and you seem unsatisfied."

"I'm not unsatisfied, it's just all these changes. It's going to take time to get used to them"

"What changes?" I asked

"Before this 'trip', you didn't know who I was. Now, I'm writing songs for you, your preforming them and your gaining so many subscribers on YouTube, and followers on social media. When we go back to school, it's all going change. People will question us where went, and some might figure out we were with each other"

"I'm going to go back to school a day after you, this way it won't look like that. It'll look like two students went on different trips, coincidentally at the same time. I have the story already; you went to visit colleges for early recruiting, I went to LA for my music"

"Ok" she replied. "Eventually, When we get closer, I'll tell you where you can drop me off"

---

After these past few weeks of traveling and driving, we have finally ventured close to home and will be arriving home.

Overall, things between Ally and I are still hard to explain. After my near car accident, (where Ally hit her head on the dash board) we haven't been as close as before.

I'd say before her injury, we were pretty close. She and I would bicker, then we (mostly me) would tease the other, with the occasional flirt line. We would also always have the best conversations and crack jokes.

Now it's different. We've only spoken to each other here and there, and I think she's afraid of Me. I don't know if she doesn't trust my driving, or if it's more along the lines of me yelling at her.

Either way, I liked how we were back in Colorado. I loved flirting with her, teasing her, but also hearing her stories and life memories.

We may be fighting, but I know she still cares about me, and my future. I just hope she'll help me write more songs.

She's been song writing this whole trip and I've recorded a video of me signing an acoustic version to the song counting stars, and posted it on YouTube. She also helped me film some shots at cool places to use as music video content, so once I get back home I plan to record the songs she wrote for me, and edit a music video together. I'm super excited that my music career is finally on the road to a career!

On YouTube, I'm nearly at 1 million subscribers and it's all because of Ally's songs! They've given me a chance to produce original content as well as cover songs and I'm so grateful she's willing to write me songs to use. She may not be speaking to me that much, but she cares enough to help my music career and YouTube channel.

------

"You can drop me off at sonic boom, so the mall" and said

"Why not your house?" I asked

"It's gone. Sonic boom is fine, please" she said with eager 

"Gone? Do you need somewhere to stay? Or someone to stay with?" I asked

"No, it's ok" she replied, looking down

"You sure? You can stay with me. I know your dad is gone for a little, so you could stay with my parents and I. They wouldn't care"

"No thanks Austin. I'm seriously good. I've stayed with you enough" she said as I pulled in the mall parking lot

"Ok then. At least let me walk you to sonic boom"

"It's ok" she replied

"Ally, please"

"Fine. There's a spot to your right." She said. Then I pulled in the spot and we walked next to each, silent all the way until we reached sonic boom.

"Well, it's been fun" I said awkwardly, shoving my hands into my joggers pockets

"Yeah, thanks" she said looking down

"So is it going to always be like this?" I blurted

"Like what?" She asked, crinkling her eyebrows

"It's Awkward, your not taking to me. I thought we could be friends. Are we friends?"

"We were friends, but I said this all before. At school, we aren't in the same clique. I'm a nerd, your an athletic, talented, popular, nearly famous musician. There's no correspondence" she responded. Was she complementing me?

"It doesn't have to be like that. I don't care what you are pictured as. Your a great person and an awesome friend"

"Austin, we all know the stereotypical story where the movies show the nerd and jock ending up together. We are just friends, but everyone else will think otherwise. I'm sorry. You don't know me. I don't know you"

"We know each other pretty well after the 'trip'. Also, What about my music? Your my song writer and I'll still need you to help me with my videos."

"Just say you wrote the songs, and a friend helped or will help you to film the videos. Just keep me out of it"

"Why? Am I stupid, or not smart enough to be seen with you? Why would you give me a handout to take credit for songs I didn't write. You were the person to tell me 'life doesn't give handouts' and that you need to work hard. And that advice gave me motivation to gain more subscribers and followers and boost my career, but I can't take credit for songs I didn't create"

"No one ever cares about the song writer anyways. It's fine. Just keep me out of it, do what you want" she said walking away.

"Look, I'm glad you don't want to 'steal' my work, but it's fine. We just can't be associated."

"But I can't write songs, I'll still need you to help me."

"I'm sorry, I can't. I'll be busy with school. I just, I'm so sorry. But it'll be ok. You can do it" Ally said hugging me tightly, probably for the last time, then she started walking away.

"So this is it?" I yelled after her. "I don't get a say in any of this?"

"Austin, just go, it'll be better for you"

"I don't think it will" I responded back to her as she walked into sonic boom and closed the door.
_________________
(Song: Future Looks Good)
(By: One Republic)

Please vote, comment, and follow me!

Thanks!

-Tika 🥀