viii.

"You're my world, Hadley. My entire freaking world. You are the one holding me together, the sutures keeping my life from plummeting into complete destruction...total oblivion. I love you, Hadley Andrews. I-I just want you to love me, too," Hadley hears in the back of her head. She opens her eyes to see a beautiful two-story house with a white picket fence and cobblestone path leading up to the doorway. The front door is a chocolatey brown, and the exterior walls are covered in either dark, tan stone or tan siding. Light radiates from the large windows shining onto the freshly mowed grass. The moon shines down on the large home making it seem even more inviting.

     Hadley Andrews feels drawn to the home. She walks to the door and just simply enters without even the slightest hesitation. The interior is homey and inviting. The walls are painted in calm, cool tones and the furniture looks comfortable. Hadley can just imagine the residents of the home; probably a successful couple with--judging by the toys and family-styled clutter--multiple children. She smiles at the thought. Those children probably have grown with more than she has ever had and everything she wants to give to her future kids.

    "Mommy!" a little girl exclaims, coming running down the hallway towards the confused surgeon. The girl looks to be about three with brown, curly hair and golden-brown eyes. Her smile seems to light up the room-- and to her confusion, Hadley's world. The girl jumps into Hadley's arms, stunning the surgeon.

    "Hi!" Hadley greets, trying to match the girl's tone. Is this some mistake? Who is this girl?

    "There's my beautiful wife," a man says, entering the mudroom. He carries a baby that Hadley decides is about a year old. He has short, dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. Before Hadley can look to her "husband," the strange world fades and darkness surrounds her. The black atmosphere seems to envelop her, and the only thing that keeps her sane is the steady beeping somewhere around her.

----------------------------------------

     "Hadley, you won't believe it!" Alex Karev exclaims, plopping down onto a chair in the room of the still-unconscious Hadley Andrews. The girl has been out for a couple of days, and the surgical floor has been buzzing about the girl. Some express their amazement for the intern who saved the biker's life. The man would've bled out if the girl hadn't helped him. Others worry about the girl. Doctor Shepherd himself isn't sure why the surgeon hasn't woken up. He was sure he looked at everything thoroughly and didn't see any bleeding that didn't resolve itself in the first day she was in the hospital. Other's on the surgical floor--Bailey's interns--gossip about the girl. George told Meredith, Cristina, and Izzie what he had learned from Alex. They were hesitant to believe Dr. Karev's words at first, but finally remembered how strange Hadley was. She never seemed to fit in the group, and now, they had an idea why.

     Alex can always be found in the girl's room. At first, this confused everyone. It's assumed that he was close to the girl unlike most people in the hospital. They had been seen together a few times in the hallways of Seattle Grace. The Nazi's interns had noticed that George and Hadley were close, but he had only gone to see Hadley once. The other interns just assume they were wrong about the relationship.

     "This guy was brought in with seven nails in his head! Seven! The dude is alive! Some type of Frankenstein I guess. Oh! And get this! O'Malley is throwing a fit about Grey and Stephens walking about in their underwear," he informs the girl with a chuckle, grabbing her left hand. The other has an IV stuck in it and Alex doesn't dare risk hurting her more.

     "Speaking of underwear, you know how Izzie is a model, right? She's Bethany Whisper, a lingerie model. It's hilarious! I guess some new pictures just came out and her patients won't let her work with them. Sucks for her, I guess," Alex continues, his smile falling as he looks at the girl. She looks so weak and helpless. He continues to study the girl, his eyes falling on the puckered burn scars on her arm. They start on her left wrist and continue up the girl's arm and is hidden under the white and blue patterned hospital gown. Alex recalls Hadley's everyday work attire. She wore her blue scrubs over a long sleeved t-shirt every day. Alex had also noticed her rubbing that arm quite often.

She was rubbing it when he kissed her--when he knew he was in love with her. Alex looks at his crush, longing for her to be awake and well again. He wants her touch. Her kiss. Her love. He wants her.

Alex is pulled out of his thoughts by a slight shift in Hadley's body. He stands up, slightly leaning over his colleague's body. He expects Hadley to open her eyes and shake hands with consciousness once again.

With a slight groan and a flutter of her light brown eyes, Hadley awakens from her long, restless slumber.

----------------------------------------

Alrighty, guys! I updated! I may work on more later today depending on what my brother is up to. He got hit in the leg by a line drive yesterday and isn't feeling his best.

How do you feel about Hadley and Alex's relationship?

What about Hadley's dream?

Is anyone shipping Hadlex?

Do you think Hadley will be alright?

Please comment, vote, and share if you enjoyed this!

Follow me on twitter: 8MaddyElizabeth

Thanks

Maddy