ix.

So I'm looking for someone to cast as Hadley, but I'm very indecisive when it comes to my characters! Your ideas are greatly appreciated!

"So, Dr. Shepherd, when will I get to go home?" Hadley Andrews asks the neurosurgeon who is inspecting the stitched skin at the edge of her hairline.

"Your vitals are normal and you've been fully-aware for twenty-four hours. You can go home this afternoon. I don't want you returning to work for at least a week. Take it easy for a few days and slowly start doing housework. If that goes well, I'll allow you to go back to work," the attending tells the intern who groans in response.

Hadley has never enjoyed missing work. She volunteered at a nursing home for a couple of her high school years, and she didn't like having to miss even minutes of work. They let her off for graduation once, and Hadley argued with the director for what seemed like hours about missing work.

"So tell me, what am I supposed to do for a week? Sit on my old, dusty mattress and look over the ocean, just trying to figure out how I'm supposed to pay these medical bills if I'm sitting around instead of working?" Hadley spits at the doctor, her downtime beginning to drive her insane.

"You could always watch the ferry boats," Derek Shepherd says with a wink, leaving the room.

Hadley gently runs her fingers across the scar on her arm, trying to calm herself. What is she going to do when she gets home? She doesn't even have much of a home. How is she even going to get there? Miss Pierce had surely returned home, and Tennessee--Hadley's former home--is so far away.

"What have you gotten yourself into, Hadley?"

A familiar voice catches Hadley's attention, "Looks like you really do need someone to talk to other than yourself."

"Phillip! I didn't think you'd actually come!" Hadley exclaims, her mood instantly lighting up at the sight of the buff man.

"I wanted to see you," the man informs, sitting on the edge of the bed.

For a moment, the pair freezes as their eyes meet. It is almost like a magnet, the strong pull like nothing Hadley has ever felt before.

     Do opposite really attract? Is Phillip Jackson her opposite and the unrecognizable force between them is love?

     Slowly, Phillip reaches a single hand to Hadley's face, cupping her blushing cheek softly. The pair's breathing is deep and slow, and time seems to move slow.

     "C-can I kiss you?" Phillip questions nervously as he strokes the hospitalized girl with his thumb.

     Hadley nods, her mind racing. This is her first real kiss, right? Alex kissed her several days ago, but that wasn't with her approval. That was blackmail. This is real. It just may be love.

     Phillip closes the gap between them slowly, letting the tension rise. As his lips touch Hadley's, it seems as if a raging fire ignites. The nerves in the pair diminish to nothingness as they share a gentle, yet passionate kiss.

     When the Jackson man pulls away, Hadley feels disappointed. She brings a hand up to her lips, trying to savor the feeling of Phillip's on hers.

     "Wow," Hadley whispers, longing for his touch again.

     "That was the best kiss I've ever had. Hadley, I know this is too fast, but it's really what I feel. I'm in love with you. All these small details about you drive me crazy. You're special, Hadley, and I find myself falling more and more in love with you every time I see you. I've never felt like this before, not even once. I just have this feeling that you're the one," Phillip informs the girl, his words filling Hadley with extreme confusion.

     She's okay with it, though. Hadley feels the same.

------

I figured I'd update again. It's super short, but it is my second update this week AND this is a great ending point!

Thank you so much for reading!

How do you feel about Philley? I SHIP IT!!

On to a more serious note,

Yesterday I found out that I have another herniated disc. If you didn't know, I had one at the l4/l5 vertebrae earlier in the year and had surgery to correct it. My surgeon found that my muscles and nerves were very inflamed causing the other discs to protrude. Now, 5 months after surgery, I was informed that I have another at the l3/l4. I will be getting a steroid shot in the next couple weeks and we will see how that goes. Last time, though, the shots did nothing. I might have another surgery if the shot doesn't work. I was also told that softball probably won't be in my future 😕.

Anyway! I hope you enjoyed!
Love you!
maddy