Chapter 8 - Alleyway

It had only been 5 minutes, and my room looked as if a hurricane ran through it. I pulled out clothes from my drawer and closet then looked at them for a second before throwing it to the ground. I never realized how many clothes I actually owned yet never wore.

Exactly what would you wear on a night out?

Beats me. It's not like I ever got a chance to.

I debated on either wearing a dress or fancy top and shorts. I then thought to maybe wear something simple so I didn't look too showy. But the idea of being the odd one out brought me back to dress or fancy top and shorts.

The phone rang downstairs.

It silenced before I heard my mom say, "Hello?" A short pause occured. "Robyn! Khloe's on the phone!"

I dropped everything I was doing and ran downstairs. I saw mom at the kitchen, holding up the phone in the air. She handed it to me and I placed the speaker to my ear.

"Khloe?" I said.

"Hey!" Khloe said on the other line. "When are you leaving to the restaurant?"

"I haven't even chosen what to wear," I responded while making my way back upstairs.

"Wear a dress!" suggested Khloe.

"I feel like it's going to be too cold though.."

"Girl, it's Texas! We embrace the cold."

I sigh. "Alright. Are you already there?"

"Yep, and so is Leia. She's in the bathroom getting ready to perform. I'm not sure where Jason is."

"Jason's offering to pick me up. He should be here in a couple of minutes."

"Well hurry up because its 6:30 and the performance is at 7."

"Okay!" I stared down at all the clothes piled up in almost every inch of my carpet. "I should choose my dress now. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Alright babe," said Khloe. "I love you. Bye!"

"Bye," I said before hanging up and placing the phone on my desk.

I grunted at the sight of all my clothes which I had to rearrange later. I slouched on the edge of my bed as I scanned the floor for any dresses that would be perfect for me to wear.

I checked the time - 6:37 PM

Jason scheduled to pick me up in 3 minutes. I didn't have time to debate on a dress. I scooped into the ground and quickly pulled out a burgundy high-low dress with thin straps and a black leather jacket.

I rushed to strip off my clothes and threw on the dress and jacket as quick as possible. I had a little trouble pushing my arms through the holes but I had no mercy and burned my skin as I forced them out.

I checked my hair real quick to make sure that the half-up half-down look was still acceptable.

A yellow light shone through the shutters of my window. I peeked through a strip of my shutters and saw Jason's black car pull up on the driveway.

I grabbed my purse and started running down the stairs.

It wasn't hard to pick my shoes. I went with low combat boots with 2 inch heels and shoved my feet into them.

"I'm going out, mom!" I called before opening the front door and slamming it behind me.

I rushed to Jason's car, not caring how ridiculous I looked while running in heels, and stepped into the passenger seat of the car. I was huffing and puffing, trying to catch my breath.