Chapter 9 - Healing Wounds

A/N: Made a new cover for the book. Do you like it? I hope you do because I worked on it for nearly 2 hours. x) But do you prefer this one or the one previously?

what are your favorite Robbie Kay fanfictions? I want to look into some new ones. :)

I got so many comments on my last picture, and I would LOVE it if you did that with all my future chapters You really made me smile. I love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter. <3

"All you have to do, is count to ten."

Count to ten..

Count to ten..

I was in shock. I couldn't even think straight. His three words were enough to paralyze my bones and muscles.

How could it be possible?

Am I just fooling myself?

Then again, here I was, running for my dear life after counting each indivudual number until I hit ten.

Robbie's car engine was roaring as I came towards it. Just like he said, the doors were unlocked and I stepped into the driver's seat. I took deep heavy breaths to calm myself down. It probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to drive at stress, not to mention I hadn't even driven for over a month now.

I slouched in the chair, still taking it all in. I tried to look through the alley, but it was too dark for me to see anything. I only hoped that Robbie was okay.

Robbie.

I recalled Robbie saying to leave fast, but then I wondered how he would make it back to the treehouse which was 10 miles away. Leaving him worried me, especially knowing that he'd be at a weakened state.

"Damn it," I cussed while slamming my fist against the wheel. What to do, what to do.

I followed my instincts and dragged the seatbelt in front of me, locking it in place. I took a deep final breath and setted up the GPS. There weren't a lot of destinations saved into it so it wasn't hard to find 'TREEHOUSE'. But what jogged my curiosity was that a star marked beside it, meaning that it was a common destination for him to go to.

Why?

I ignored it for a while and followed the directions in the GPS to lead me to the treehouse.

It wasn't long until I parked into the driveway of the grassy field, leading to the forest. I was shivering and I felt the goosebumps rise up my legs. But I ran out the car and towards the forest anyway.

My mind was desperate for an explanation.

As my legs sprinted through pointy leaves and mis-sighted tree branches, I felt scratches form on almost every part of my bare skin. The pain was visible enough for me to know that there won't be any scars to worry about the next time I looked at myself in the light. But nevertheless, I was still in pain.

When I finally made it to the treehouse, my lungs burned and needed more oxygen than I could carry. I sat down on a log for a few minutes to settle my muscles. Veins were bursting out of my skin and I didn't know how to handle it.

Before I knew it, I was back up on my feet, and ready to climb the tree ladder. It didn't take long for me to make it up to the tree house - it felt like less than 15 seconds. I was in need of shelter.

Once my feet stepped onto the hardwood ground, I purposely fell onto the bed and sighed heavily. The springs on the bed weren't enough to relax my back, but it was enough for me to feel the satisfying sensation buzz across my spine.