Chapter 19 - I Don't

I don't know how far nor how long I planned to run. I only promised myself that it would be a place far away from home.

Far away from Robbie.

But why was I running?

For such an infinitesimal circumstance, why was it necessary for me to leave my home? To leave Robbie?

It was too late anyway. I had already narrowed my location. And by now, my feet were already bare on the white sands of the shore.

Of all places, I wasn't quite reasoned as to why I chose this location above all. I could've ran to Danielle's house which was only a few blocks away from mine. Or Khloe's, who was at a nearby neighbourhood.

I was simply unreasonable.

The thick trees that surrounded the beach were enough to make me feel safe and hidden. They resembled a forest. No one desired to come here, therefore it was perfect.

It was awkward, walking through and noticing Robbie's car parked in the parking lot of the beach. I had almost forgotten that Danielle even parked it there. But I passed it without taking another look.

My legs were aching from having to run 4 miles, so I soaked them at the edge of the waves and sat myself on the sand. It didn't dawn on me that I would have to wipe off all the sand that stuck to my jeans, but my heart was beating ever so rapidly and I was too tired to care.

"As blundering as you might find it to be, I regretted nothing," Robbie had said. "Now I need you to answer the question. Though you find what I did to be unforgiving, was it regretting as well?"

I gritted my teeth and curled myself into a ball while ripping my hands through the scalp of my hair. God damn it, Robbie, I thought. Of all the things he could've said. We could've ended it with 'I forgive you' and I would probably still be at home right now.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

No. What the fuck is wrong with him?

Despite the times he's saved me, to what degree does that give him any right to say what he did? To say that.. - he didn't regret kissing me.

I splashed a handful of water to the side out of anger and stood up from the sand. As I patted my jeans for any sticking sand, I walked my worn-out legs toward the back of the beach, where a two feet brick wall separated the sand from the thick trees. I sat myself onto the brick wall and stared at the setting sky, where the sun merged into the water, letting out an aura of orange.

How can a night so beautiful have a day so horrid?

I sat there for a while, not knowing what to think or how to expect. Either way, I had only forgotten that I had a home to go to - A man whom I'd have to face sooner or later.

***

Night grew dark, and my skin was starting to reform sensitive to the cold wind. But I whist in the same position for the past two hours, only shifting when my body shivered abruptly. I wasn't ready to go back. Nevertheless, I knew I had to. Mom would return in about an hour, and I can't risk having her find Robbie. It was a hazard to both me and him.

Okay, I'll go back, I continue to think. But I never do. I'm always sitting, still, nearly paralyzed, with no motivation to stand up.

This time, it was different. I finally stood, and began walking into the tree border that surrounded the beach. I wasn't entirely aiming to walk home. In all seriousness, I was more addressing to wander mindlessly. No goals, no direction. Just walking, but to no certain destination.