5 - That's what I thought

----- ----- -----
"So, how was your week?" Kayleigh asks when we called the following Friday.

"I finished watching all of Sketch's videos," I state proudly.

"Heck...what?"

"Yup. And Bandi's videos. That's all I did."

"Are you kidding me."

"Ain't. Besides, I decided to watch whatever videos he uploaded in that day. So I won't have to catch up."

"You amaze me, Ally, really."

"I know." I smile.

"I mean, I can't even finish 13 Reasons Why in two weeks. You watched like three hundred twenty-minute videos."

"That's me: Ally," I say.

After Kayleigh tells me about her week ("I almost killed a kitten"), we proceed to my weekly daydreams.

"Still going on with the daydreams, Al?" she asks.

"You got it," I say. Kayleigh's probably rolling her eyes.

"The stage is yours," she sighs.

"Okay, so I'm texting Ethan. And then he told me Elijah has a crush on me. And I like him back, of course. Then we started dating. The end."

I pause. "You still there, Leigh?"

"Of course I am. Just kind of thought this would happen in real life, you know?"

I'm stunned. "You think?" But I brush the thought away. "Pfftt. Naaah. Not going to happen when pigs fly."

"Hang up for a moment, I have to text you something."

"Okay."

Then a new message from Kayleigh pops up.

Kayleigh: Pigs don't fly, hmm?

Kayleigh:

I burst out laughing

I burst out laughing. Seriously?

"Seriously?" I say to her when we continue our call.

"It's proof," Kayleigh's voice is muffled.

I roll my eyes. "So. Cliché," I remark in a popular-girl tone.

"But on a serious note, Ally. I think it is possible. Auf wiedersehen."

"Gotta blast," I heave a sigh and we both hang up.

I look around. Okay, I'm bored. I got absolutely nothing to do, and I'm sure I watched every single of Elijah's videos -- even Ethan.

My phone beeps and I practically fly to grab it. I unlock my PIN and I'm pleased Ethan messaged me. Anything to cure my boredom.

Unless it's cleaning the basement, of course. Heck no.