30 - A wall called Summer (PART 2)

----- ----- -----

[Ally's POV]

The next day, I did what I planned.

My brother brought me to Between the Lakes. I sat on a huge rock and waited for the time to pass by.

I still am. It literally has been four hours. No, wait...lemme check again.... Oh! Four and a half hours.

It's nine in the morning, and I know I'm too early, but what if Ethan suddenly appears when I'm not here yet? It's good to be prepared, kids.

[Ethan's POV]

"Where are you going, so early in the morning?" Summer says as soon as I open the front door.

I jump back. "Summer? What the fu are you doing here?" 

"Remember yesterday when I told you I'll be seeing you later?"

"I actually wasn't paying attention -- "

"Here am I! Let's go," she grabs my arm.

"To where?"

"To wherever you're going! I'll come with you," she says brightly.

Oh, great.

"So remember when I said...," she starts to ramble. I plug in my earphones and play loud music so I wouldn't have to hear her.

Summer would be the last person that I'd like to be sitting with.

[Ally's POV]

It's almost eleven. Ethan hasn't arrived yet.

I hug my legs. It's just early September yet it's already chilly.

As soon as my phone vibrates, I grab it.

Ethan: Where the heck are you?

Ally: I'm sitting on a rock

Ethan: be more specific

Ally: there are trees around me. bye.

I shut my phone. The reason I'm doing this is because I'd like to apologize to Ethan in a place where there barely are any people -- but at the same time, I'm not yet ready to talk to him, I still feel a little nervous, so I don't tell him exactly where I am, or else he'll find me soon.

I tilt my head. I'm pretty sleepy.

When I wake up, I hear voices.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the car?" says Ethan from a few feet away.

He's here. Should I run away?

But then he calls out my name. "Ally!" he says, rushing to me.

"Oh, Ethan, ha. You found me."

"I've been looking all over for you dude why did you not tell me where you exactly were?"

I swallow and look down. "Ethan, I broke up with Elijah."

Before Ethan can answer, someone horrifyingly familiar pops in.

"You went here for Allison?" Summer says in disgust. How did she get here? Ethan brought her along? Why?

"Oh hi Summer," I say unenthusiastically. "What are you doing here?"

"Duh," she says. "I follow Ethan wherever he goes." She flips her hair. "Cause, y'know, he's my boyfriend, and girls should stick to their guys...."

"Wait...you two are dating?"

"More than that," Summer says.

I look at Ethan. "Are you -- "

Ethan shakes his head.

"Oh, he's just embarrassed," Summer says. "Aren't you, Ethan?"

And just like that -- it was unexpected, it was very unexpected, Summer puts her arms around Ethan and kisses him.

Cancel this mission and bury me 35 kilometers deep in the ground, please.

A/N: Thanks for reading!