11 - Why are you looking at me like that

----- ----- -----

We get out of the car, still utterly silent.

Ethan opens the front door, and I walk in.

"What took you so long?" Elijah asks roughly.

"Chill, we were gone for just ten minutes," Ethan answers.

"Where's Kayleigh?" I say.

"Upstairs. She fell asleep." He turns his attention to me. "You want to go to my room?"

"Why no -- "

He suddenly grabs my hand (wait, what?) and drags me up the stairs.

We enter his room and -- crap.

Okay, his room doesn't look "amazing;" in fact, it's messy enough for a guy's room, but heck ya this is Elijah's room, and not just Elijah's room.

It's Sketch's room.

I am actually seeing his set-up in real life -- I can even touch it. I run my fingers across the smooth wooden desk.

"I knew it," Elijah suddenly speaks. "You've wanted to see my room in person."

I shrug casually, trying to act like I'm freaking out inside. "Well I've been watching your YouTube videos lately and like every other fan I would like to step inside your room, so uh, yeah."

He nods with a smirk. He sits down on his bed and ruffles his own hair. "Aren't you going to sit down?"

I nod awkwardly, sitting down next to him. I don't meet his eye. I focus on his carpet.

Think about it, I say to myself. This is the same carpet where Ethan dropped his hotdog and Elijah went mad.

"So," he says, interrupting my trail of thought. "It's been years since we talked and saw each other." He coughs. "Right?"

I look up at him, surprised. "You remember?"

He nods. "Yeah, how could I forget?"

Oh for a million reasons.

"Well, I don't know," I admit. "We weren't exactly close, we were kind of acquaintances and just lab partners and...."

"What are we now?" he asks, facing me.

We're both quiet for a second.

"Ally," he says, putting his arm around me -- wait, what exactly is he doing? "You're my...friend."

Oh, there you go, Ally, I think. You're friendzoned. Like it has always been.

#SadLife.

"You...what do you think of me?" Elijah asks me.

A guy. A YouTuber. A cute handsome dude. Ethan's twin brother. Cool. Funny. Sweet. Nice.