17 - You got me falling like the rain

----- ----- -----

[Ally's POV]

"Drawn to the flames, ain't nobody like you," I sing as Kayleigh makes a U-turn.

We're currently in a road trip -- off to go who knows where. While listening to songs and singing with them, of course.

"You got me falling like the rain, as my body turns to water, water," Kayleigh joins my concert.

"Got me feeling your heatwave. Girl you turn my ice to water, water."

"When you talk it keeps getting harder."

"Every word is taking me higher."

"Closer to the sun when I'm with you."

"You got me falling like the rain," I sing. "As my body turns to water, water."

"Speaking of water, I need some," Kayleigh says, grabbing her water bottle without taking her eyes off the road.

"Hey, where are we going?" I say.

She puts down the bottle. "IDK."

"So you're saying we're lost?"

"I'm saying that we're going wherever the car takes us."

"Yeah the car can't just take us wherever," I say with a little sarcasm.

She heaves a sigh. "We're in Rochester."

"Massachusetts?"

"Yes."

"So we're not really going far?"

"Naaaah."

I bite my lip. "Going to the Bests' aren't we?"

She makes a face, but doesn't look at me for the sake of safety. "I found a picnic area near that. We can go eat and take selfies and whatnot."

I nod, looking away.

"Oh, and returning to the Best topic," she says, smiling mischievously. "You told me you're going to tell me who Ethan has a crush on?"

I raise an eyebrow. "I did?"

"My birthday. Truth or Dare, remember?"

I stiffen. "Oh, right."

"So who is it?"

"Eh?"

"Who does Ethan like?" she says impatiently.

I sigh. "See, Kayleigh, Ethan's my best friend, and best friends keep secrets...."

"Yeah, but I'm your best friend too. And best friends tell secrets, right?"