Chapter 6: The party™

Parties were something that we always liked. Cecily and I. If there was a party, we would be there. I think one of the reasons we liked parties so much was because mostly everybody was drunk and nobody really cared much about anything. We could relax and have a good time without looking over our shoulders.

It was easier that way, some people always got super touchy when drunk, they would look past some things that they'd probably frown at if they weren't drunk. It helped that many girls danced with their best friends, it helped that everybody was so absorbed with the party mood, with their partner, with their friends or with whatever, that they didn't care at all what Cecily and I did.

I loved parties.

So when Cecily told me that Abby was having a party at her place, I didn't even think about it, we smiled at each other and planned our night. It was one of the few times that we got to act like a couple.

"You know that book of poems you gave me?" I asked her, she was putting makeup on, staring at her reflection, she nodded.

"The one I gave you for your birthday last year and you have not read yet?" She rolled her eyes playfully, looking at me through the mirror.

"It was long—"

"Nina, it was 140 pages." She turned around to look at me with a serious expression, she held her eye-liner in her hands.

"That's long."

"Okay, well, yeah, I remember the book," She sighed, turning around to carry on with her makeup.

"I finished it yesterday night," I smiled, sitting on her bed, lifting my legs and crossing them before me. We were late but we always arrived late, when people were already buzzed.

"You told me you were finishing your applications last night..." She glared at me when she saw me roll my eyes, university applications were something I didn't want to talk about so I quickly changed the subject.

"It was... I really liked it."

"Yeah, it has nice poems," I laid back in her bed, and waited, waited for nothing, for something. I don't know. I just laid there and waited.

Cecily must've noticed the change in my mood because, after a few minutes, she put down her make-up and laid next to me. I laid on my side so I was facing her.

Her grey eyes looked even greyer thanks to the make-up, her cheekbones more noticeable and the way she put on highlight on her nose and a little on her cheekbones was just adorable.

"You're shining like a little doughnut," I half-smiled, watching as she rolled her eyes. "Did you eat?"

She thought about her answer, making me frown. "Yes, I did." She quickly said, when she noticed that I wasn't convinced, she added, "I did go ask Lilly if you don't believe me. I just have a lot in my mind."

"So you had to think about whether you ate or not?" I chuckled, she rolled her eyes again and we stayed in silence for another minute. Cecily used to 'forget' to eat quite a lot.

"You want to stay in?" She was brushing my hair back with her delicate fingers. Her nails were painted white.

"Nope," I grabbed her hand and I brought it to my lips, softly kissing each one of her fingers. "You're adorable," I whispered.

Cecily rolled her eyes but two seconds later, a small smile was making its way through her lips. "You're a donut."

"Thank you, you flatter me with all your kind words."

"So," She began, moving a little closer to me, "You aren't mad about the whole Jake thing?"

"Nope, I totally get it," She had explained to me that Jake had asked her and he wouldn't take a no for an answer. Sometimes guys are annoying like that.