Chapter 26 | hand made crosses.

'What d-did I do?' I asked with a stutter. If anyone scared me here, it was Daryl.

'What did you do? What did you DO?' his voice got louder as he repeated my question. 'Did you not hear the note she wrote? Were you not paying attention? She killed herself because of you! Because I was too blind to notice she was struggling once more, because you were my main priority. Turn's out you're just a big distraction, a little girl who isn't made for this world.'

'I DON'T NEED TO BE TREATED LIKE A GOD DAMN BABY DARYL!' I screamed in frustration. ' I know i'm not the strongest, I know i'm in no way trained for the event's that occur now, i'm just-'

'Walker bait.' Daryl mumbled.

'What?' My tone unreadable.

'All you are is Walker bait, a piece of meat for them monsters that has only made it this far, because of me and the others.' He raised his eyebrows as he spoke his snide remark. How dare he!

I let out a single laugh, which sounded more like a cough, to calm me down. I threw my fists down in frustration and walked backwards out of the group, not taking my eye's off of Daryl until I left the house. What was that? We shared such a nice moment and then he changes because of one incident? I did nothing wrong.

I ran to Lori's grave and slowed down as I faced the necklace, which draped the cross. I kneeled down, almost as if I was sneaking away from something, and sighed.

'It wouldn't be like this if you were still here.' I thought aloud when I placed my head in my hand's. 'I'm not aloud by Carl, I don't know if it's okay if we get close, be in-love. Rick put that thought in my mind. I love him Lori, i'm not sure if I can put him through any pain. Maybe it is best th-'

'It is best.' Rick interrupted me. I turned my head to the side. He followed me here.

'What do you want?' I asked with an unfriendly tone.

'Have you finally realized you and Carl can't be together, however much you may love one another?' He ignored my question. He really did make me think though. I shrugged and I stood up, still watching Rick. 'I know that is right and I know you know, deep down, it is right.'

'What are you saying?' I didn't know if he was asking me to stay away from Carl longer or telling me.

'Stay away from Carl or..'

'Or what? Is that a threat? Do you really want to try me right now Grimes?' I was in no mood for anybody fucking me over.

'I'll kill you.' He didn't stutter nor mumble, his voice was clear and normal. Is he insane, you don't go around killing people just because of their feelings.

'Excuse me?' I was so shocked. I took a few step's backwards. I lied, Rick scares me as well.

'You heard me Aurora. I don't appreciate being disobeyed. I don't want to hear anymore about it. I will kill you and everyone will think it's an accident, you're forgetting i'm a sheriff?'

My knees trembled and gulped loudly. I needed to get away from this twisted man, he clearly was off his head.

'I understand Rick.' I felt like I was signing the Devil's deed. As much as I loved Carl, I've got to do what was right, not only for us both, but to save my own life. He let out a wide grin. I was ashamed for him.

'See you around Aurora, I have a grave to dig.' He turned around and picked up the shovel still out next to Lori's grave. He began to dig on the right side of her's.

I'm loosing everyone. Daryl hate's me and i'm not aloud near Carl, both reason's are because of love. I hate love. What a life ruining commitment. Daryl hate's me because of the love he had for Carol and I, apparently, ruined that. Carl and I can no longer be in contact due to our love that will most likely rapidly grow leaving us in state's that aren't appropriate for this day and age. Love is shit.