Chapter 36 | Flashback

Carl snapped his head around, tears streaming down his cheeks, staining them as they left his eyes. What changed his mood so quickly? Too much pain and feelings being thrown around, I can't contemplate with the reasoning's. Every thing, everyone is happening and moving around so fast my brain and my train of thought can't catch up.

'I NEEDED YOU!' He screamed in my face and pushed my hand off of his shoulders. A sniffle was sounded between each word.

'W-what-t.' I stuttered out, breathing heavenly. My eyes glistened as tears took upon them selves to exit my eyes. Like I told you before, I was done with crying. I sniffled them back and tried my hardest to stay strong.

'I NEEDED YOU AND YOU WENT! YOU LEFT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT I DID WHAT I DID, EVERYTHING WAS FOR YOU!' He continued to yell and cry.

'I don't get what you mean. What did you do? When and why did you need me?' I spoke vividly, I needed to not cry.

'ARE YOU THAT BLIND AND INCONSIDERATE! THE CARE HOME? DID IT NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?' He turned to face me.

'Carl it was nine months ago.'

'It was ten months twenty-six days ago actually.' He lowered his tone.

'Still, it was a long time ago.' I backed myself up.

'IT STILL MEANT SOMETHING! IT HURT ME, BROKE ME DOWN!' His voice got louder and louder.

'Lower your voice!' I sternly spoke.

'I needed you Aurora-may.' He followed my instructions. 'At that care home, when you told me those things.'

'You said worse.' I interrupted.

'You hurt me more than I ever did you.' I rolled my eyes at his comment.

Flashback

'The thing is-' I started, but was soon interrupted by Carl gripping my wrist.

'The thing is you don't love me right?'

'Don't cut to conclusions Carl.' I pulled his hand off of my wrist. 'This isn't a joke, this isn't a game.'

'Aurora, if you are trying to tell me you don't want to be with me, I want to say now that you aren't as strong as you think without me by your side.' I gasped at his words.

'i'm not strong? Me? Carl you barely even pushed that kid off of you back at Mason, I had to kill him, with my own hands!'

'Don't over praise yourself, we got lucky.'

I let my jaw hang low as my blood began to boil.

'WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?' Carl's voice echoed out, as I stormed towards the fence. The echo cause walkers heads to turn in the direction of the noise.

My mind was clicking in and out of "don't do it" and "do it" modes. I wanted to prove my point, I hated being called weak, I am a strong person, I know I am. I've come a long way, I don't need Carl, I'm fine on my own.

If his so great, he'll take my actions well and won't die.

Am I going insane!? I can't kill people I care for.

Or could I?

No!

Yes!

'Don't do it baby-girl.' Daryl's calm and gentle voice lingered in my ears. I hadn't noticed I had already started bringing the walkers attention closer and closer.