Chapter 34 | 'Don't do this to me.'

If there is one thing, that's true,

It's not what I say, it's what I do,

And I say too much, yeah, that's true,

So just listen to what I do.

...

'You going to tell me where you went now?' Kayden had sat on a stool in the corner of the tent waiting up for me, I was guessing.

'Thought you were going to go to sleep?' I tried to change the subject, he did let me go anyway and he sounded okay with it. I had only just walked in to the tent when he asked me the question, he startled me to be honest.

'Answer me.' He quietly but sternly spoke, standing up in the process.

I just shook my head side to side. For some reason I didn't feel comfortable telling Kayden about my time out.

'RORY, DON'T YOU SHAKE YOUR HEAD AT ME! I SAID ANSWER ME DAMMIT!' He quickly walked towards me. He was so dangerously close to my face, it caused my knees to shake in fear.

I stood there, not responding to him with words, but with my body movement.

'WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME YOU BITCH! I'VE DONE AND TOLD SO MUCH TO YOU AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME ONE SIMPLE ANSWER!' He continued to yell in my face.

'Kayden, somethings I just can't tell you.' I sighed. 'I'm going to sleep in Dad's tent tonight.' I told him, while turning around on myself to leave.

'No your not.' He replied.

'Yes I am.' I stopped to hear if he had anymore to add.

'Why? What's wrong with our tent.' He dragged out the word "our".

'Do you ever not think, for one second, that you scare me sometimes.' I implied.

'Do I?' He grabbed my shoulder, causing my body to tense up. ''Do I scare you Rory?'

I peered over my shoulder to look at his hand and nodded, before pushing his hand off and unzipping the tent. I headed out taking care of my steps, it was dark after all.

'I LOVE YOU RORY, HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY I SCARE YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MAKES YOU?' He screamed out from the tent opening.

'Stop shouting, people are sleeping!' I spoke out.

'You're just weak Rory Walters, a lost cause. A coward.' He joined my tone.

'I'm a coward?' I let out a single, sarcastic laugh. 'When have I ever been cowardly? You were the one who ran from your old group when the herd took over the camp! Your own Mother was in that group and you left her when she needed you, you left her to die. You, Kayden, are the coward.' I smirked.

He walked closer to me.

'And for me being weak: i've done some crazy shit to stay alive and survive nowadays, and I bet you would never, even in this world, do any of it.' I spat at him, when he had caught up to my distance.

He stood in front of me, but about three feet away.

'Don't you dare bring my Mother into this, don't you dare bring up my old camp! I had to do what was best.'

'No you didn't Kayden! You said yourself that she was screaming your name for help and you pretended her voice was just another gust of wind!' I shot back.

He coughed, knowing that what I said was the truth. He looked so offended and taken back by my evidence I had put against him.

'Where were you earlier.' He was now the one changing the subject. I didn't reply I just raised my eyebrows at him. 'Were you with Carl?'