Chapter 29 | Three months can make a big difference.

. . .

'It's three month's today.' Erika mumbled.

'What?' I questioned her from the top of the tree. I was looking above the top's to see if I could find any place safe.

'Since you guy's left Folkswood.' She spoke louder.

'You kept count?' Carl asked her. He was standing beside her, below the tree, just incase something unexpected happened. She shrugged.

'They haven't come looking for us, if they have, they didn't look very hard.' I snapped. If i'm honest i'm so angry that not even Daryl bothered to look for us.

'Rory, stop it.' She rolled her eyes. I looked back down to her and sighed.

'Go on.' I began to climb down. 'Finish what you were going to say.' As i got near the bottom of the tree, Carl put his hands out to help me down, but I pushed his arm's away.

'The past three month's all we've seem to do it run, hide, sleep up tree's or under leaves! We are barely even living anymore! I'm four month's pregnant and I don't look like i've gained any weight at all! We haven't eaten proper food in week's, i'm just sick and tired of-'

'Surviving? If you haven't noticed i've been trying so hard to get you more than me or Carl, so you can have this baby. All I want is for you two, both, to be safe! I don't give a rat's ass about myself anymore, you two are my main priority and the only reason I am even still trying to survive!' I breathe out and rubbed the back of my head with the palm of my hand.

It went quiet. Not one argument or disagreement has taken place since we've been "on the run". I'm strangely happy one just occurred.

'There's, what looks like, a care home about ten miles West. If we start walking now, we can be there in about four, maybe five, hours.' I decided to change the subject and inform them on what I was doing in the first place.

'Does it look occupied?' Carl asked.

'I don't know, I couldn't really tell. There wasn't any walkers and there is fences up. It should be okay.' I replied honestly.

'I guess that's where we are going then.' Erika breathed out and slung her backpack over her shoulder, heading East.

'That's East, we're heading West remember?' I laughed, bowing my head.

'I knew that.' She was trying not to smile as he swivelled around on the back of her heels to face left.

We can't stay mad at each other. I wasn't even mad in the first place, I don't know?

Carl stayed quiet, he does that a lot recently, ever since Mason, as we began to walk. None of the Mason guy's have come after us or anything, but it can only be a matter of time, right? Let's hope not.

Erika walked in front, I left her too it, Carl and I stayed at the back. It has only just hit me that me and him haven't spent any time alone together in the last three month's, we haven't even spoke properly.

'Carl?' I whispered. He had his head bowed, but as soon as I spoke, his ear's perked up and his eyes widened.

'Yeah?' He looked at me, still walking.

'I miss it.'

'Miss what?' He raised one eyebrow.

'Us. Me and you spending time together. The stupid argument's we used to have. I miss you.' The time to be honest was now.

'Me too Aurora-may, me too.' He sped up and met Erika, leaving me.

Is that all he had to fucking say?