Chapter II - Instruments, Studies & Roses

"Our end is coming soon.. Isn't it Serpico?.." the woman asked as she hugged the baby to her chest, "It is.. They have overpowered and now we can't fight back.." the male said sadly as she started sobbing..

---

After the warm welcoming, Karlheinz guided you to your new room. "(Y/N)-ie, this is your own room from now on. I'd advice you to stay in the mansion, but, I know you are a curious little bat so whenever you want to head outside, please look for one of your brothers or mothers if you want to be outdoors, you understand?" he asked as you nodded. "Yes papa," you responded as he smiled and patted your head. You surveyed your room but whipped your head towards the door when you heard a knock on it. 

The door opened slightly as Shuu was standing by the doorway, scared of inching any closer since his father was in the way. "Hi (Y/N), just wanted to ask how you're doing, are you getting familiar with the area?" he asked as Karlheinz was mildly intrigued at the interaction. You smiled, nodding, "Yes Shu-nii! Thank you for asking, papa, can I go with Shu?" you asked as the older male smiled softly. "Go ahead darling," he said as it was then your cue to leave with Shu. 

"We have a music room here in the mansion, let me take you to that place!" he beamed with happiness as he held your hand and took you to the destination. "Ah wait... Do you know how to play any instruments?" he asked as you frowned. "I'm afraid not... I'm sorry," you wince slightly as he smiled, "It's ok! There's no need to apologize because of that -- I can teach you!" he said as he then opened the door to the music room. "Ok! Let's start with the fundamentals of music -- learning how to read the music notes," he began his lecture as you listened intently, absorbing his words and the information as you found yourself understanding him quite easily -- to your own surprise. You were a gifted child, after all, there was something about you that just didn't seem quite human, at least in Karlheinz's eyes.

You did know that you were special, practically because you had survived even after receiving so many fatal blows from your past family. But other than that, you weren't too sure about why else you'd be special. You could only really faintly remember your first meeting with Karlheinz. His soft nudging and a name that he called you. 

A child of light

Jesus, what is that even suppose to mean? You didn't know and honestly, you could care less right now -- you finally had a family! A caring one too! 

After the theory behind music, Shu taught you how to play the piano and you caught onto the ride quite fast. He was surprised, but more than that ecstatic. "Wait wait! Let's play a song together!" Shu said as he went over to pick up his violin. "Shu-nii, you play the violin?" you asked as you thought he played the piano -- judging by how he taught you. "Ah, yes, I prefer the violin, but it's fine if you like the piano more! I can teach you more later on since you seem to learn quite quickly!" he giggled softly as you both got into position to play. 

(Song Name - Vague Hope / Track Number - One Hundred Fourteen / Composers - MONACA [Keiichi Okabe & Keigo Hoashi] / Released On - Year 2017 / Video Uploaded By - kylelandry / Version - Violin x Piano Duet [Cover] / Video Game - NieR: Automata)

From the other side of the house, the other vampires could hear the instruments playing -- thanks for their enhanced hearing. Karlheinz leaned back on his chair, taking a break from writing on his journal while appreciating the beautiful melodies from the piano and violin. Reiji was outside on the gazebo with Beatrix watching him read, but the two decided to take a small break to absorb the soothing notes.