Chapter Two

I pushed through the crowd trying to make it to the front. Noelle was here and I was going to find her. Every day since she left I've thought about her. She was my best friend. She was the one person in the world who knew everything about me and she left me.

It was probably the weirdest thing to ever happen in this town too. Her family left a week after our kiss and didn't say a word to anyone. Once they left they didn't answer any of our messages. My mom tried to reach out to her mom, but nothing. We couldn't figure out why they'd leave like that. All I did was blame myself. She kissed me and I rejected her. I didn't even try to talk to her about it. I'll never forgive myself for how I treated her, but I want to forgive her for leaving me.

I looked around the front office in hopes of finding her, but I didn't see her. Maybe she already went to class.

"Well I'm glad you're back Miss Young and I hope you enjoy your senior year," I heard Mr. Baird behind me.

My heart stopped for the second time that day. I was scared to turn around and see my best friend. What if she forgot who I was? What if Noelle didn't look the same anymore?

"I will," she laughed and started walking around the desk.

I quickly looked down at my feet too scared to see her face. Not a moment later there were maroon vans standing right in front of mine.

"Ally?" I heard her speak softly.

I looked up slowly and there she was. My best friend, but man was she different. Her usual brown hair was now a deep red. She had her nose pierced and her glasses were bigger frames than before which made her blue eyes even bigger. I looked her up and down and noticed she's grown, but she still wasn't taller than me. I also stopped to notice that her boobs were bigger than mine. I was a little jealous.

"Say something please," she practically begged reaching her hand out.

She had a big purple stone on her ring finger. I ran my finger over it and she smiled at me.

"You always loved purple," she smiled shyly.

I looked up and punched her in the shoulder.

"You left me!" I could feel the tears coming.

She grabbed her shoulder and held it while watching me as I went back to hit it again.

"How could you do that? I'm your best friend and you left me!" she moved her hand to let my fist hit her shoulder again.

"I deserve that I know, but you have to let me explain," a tear rolled down her face and almost instantly my tears started to roll.

I reached out and wrapped my arms around her. She wrapped me tightly in her arms and we both stood there crying together. Relief filled my body knowing that she missed me too. She knew it was wrong being without each other for so long.

She moved one hand up and started to rub my hair softly, "shhhh it's okay. I'm here now."

I stepped back and wiped my eyes away.

"Would it help if I said puberty was good to you?" she smiled shyly.

I laughed lightly looking down at myself. She wasn't wrong. I did get blessed with good curves thanks to my moms genes. My butt was pretty nice and my boobs were a good size, but clearly smaller than Noelle's. My hair had gotten a darker blonde over the years, but my blue eyes never changed.

"I think puberty was nicer to your boobs," I laughed. She wiggled them making me laugh even harder.

She smiled big reaching her hand out to me, "come on I've got some catching up to do with my best friend."

I smiled big reaching out to take her hand. I almost stopped realizing how cold her hand was.

"Noelle why are you so cold?" I asked finally placing my hand in hers.

She shrugged, "I don't know I'm always cold. honestly I didn't care though. My only care was knowing why my best friend left me and I cared that she was back.

We did the stupid thing and skipped first period in the library. We talked the whole hour about how her grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. Her family decided to move to Germany to be with her. She had passed away this summer and her parents thought it was time to move back home. She told me about how much fun Germany was and how much beer she could drink. She'd probably drink me under the table now. I told her about how school had gone without her. Me and Sadie became good friends, however, she was never better than Noelle. We also talked about relationships. Noelle never dated anyone while she was gone. She focused on her grandmother and having fun in Germany. She did say there was a couple awful sex encounters. She was drunk every time which explains it all. I told her that I dated Jeremy Strange the quarter back and we laughed about how small his dick actually was. Being with her again I finally felt whole. I didn't care that she left. She was back and here to stay.

We were finally at lunch period after actually going to class when the conversation I was dreading came up.

"Ally, are we going to talk about the kiss?"